Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Getting rid of the pee in the green:)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
PeeGreen 914
For those that don't know why my name is Pee Green i is simply because my new 914 is green and came with a mouse problem. They pissed all over the interior and rust from the urine has cause a little work. Well, Getting close to getting all the damage out.
PeeGreen 914
A little closer smile.gif
SirAndy
I want my camera back!!!! lol-2.gif
PeeGreen 914
Better picture smile.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 9 2011, 09:44 PM) *

I want my camera back!!!! lol-2.gif

Yeah, I still had my respirator and glasses on. I just wanted to be sure to document the process. I just wish I had snapped a pic before I even started so you could see what I started with icon8.gif
sixnotfour
Great John,,,,,
pretty cealn and solid except for the mousepee,,, The Kid I had scrape out the tar got real good at it the warmer the day got. stromberg.gif
PeeGreen 914
I'm glad he did that part as this part is still nasty.

Hope you're feeling better Jeff beerchug.gif
matteyp
Wait mice actually peed in your car jon?? That is just weird. I thought the peegreen was just cuz your car is pee green...silly me lol. I once found an entire family of baby mice inside the seat of one of my dads old bikes. That's the strangest ive seen ;p
J P Stein
Be careful.
Haunta virus can be contracted by breathing in mouse droppings. It can ruin your life.
sixnotfour
the 914 was flushed with clorox and pine-sol a year ago, its safe now .The person I bought it from told me he had cleaned it all up , well no the day before RRC years ago I found a dried up mouse on top of the 8 track player, Same guy that had the gas tank cleaned but didnt change fuel filter ? figured that out @rrc hotel.
, Then I saw the viper green 76 I have now and never looked back.

peegreen is a nice car except for the pee. I threw out all the interior also to avoid above nasty's
sixnotfour
No peegreen 914

76 viper green & tartan shades.gif 2009
sixnotfour
peegreen 2008 RRC
J P Stein
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ May 10 2011, 06:30 AM) *

the 914 was flushed with clorox and pine-sol a year ago, its safe now to avoid above nasty's

I tend to take personal charge of things my life depends on.....prolly a character flaw...... but I do plan to make 66 years old. biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(J P Stein @ May 10 2011, 08:19 AM) *

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ May 10 2011, 06:30 AM) *

the 914 was flushed with clorox and pine-sol a year ago, its safe now to avoid above nasty's

I tend to take personal charge of things my life depends on.....prolly a character flaw...... but I do plan to make 66 years old. biggrin.gif

confused24.gif What are you even saying? 66? I thought you were way older than that poke.gif Shoot, you're younger than my parents.
SirAndy
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ May 10 2011, 09:09 AM) *
QUOTE(J P Stein @ May 10 2011, 08:19 AM) *
but I do plan to make 66 years old. biggrin.gif
confused24.gif What are you even saying? 66? I thought you were way older than that poke.gif Shoot, you're younger than my parents.

I think JP forgot a 6 ... biggrin.gif

2011 - 666 = 1345

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1345

blink.gif
Ferg
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ May 10 2011, 05:43 AM) *

No peegreen 914

76 viper green & tartan shades.gif 2009

So when that one is for sale, you are gonna call me first, right? shades.gif wub.gif
PeeGreen 914
Getting close to having an interior. No more rust piratenanner.gif
matteyp
Looks awesome jon! Soon our cars will be rolling together! beerchug.gif
PeeGreen 914
Hopefully Matt beerchug.gif . I finished with the etching primer last night. Now I need to do the bed liner and then the paint. Soooooo close piratenanner.gif
Root_Werks
Progress, cool!

Keep working away at it. Summer is almost here and 914 drive time is close at hand.

driving.gif
PeeGreen 914
Well, I am planning on driving this car to the WCR blink.gif
PeeGreen 914
Rubberized coating has been applied to the floor pans. Sorry for the blurry picture. Andy came up to take it for me biggrin.gif
jonferns
smilie_pokal.gif

Looking good! Now do you lay paint right over that or is there another step for adhesion?
PeeGreen 914
You can. This stuff is really cool and allows for almost whatever you want to do.
PeeGreen 914
Floor is finally finished. Now I have to put the interior back together.
Nie Zu Alt
Jon,

Nice work! Exactly what brand of rubberized coating did you apply?

Thanks,
PeeGreen 914
It's called Raptor liner from U-Pol. It was $100 for the kit which included the gun to shoot the stuff. It's very easy to apply.
JRust
What's with all those extra holes? Just you going crazy with your weight saving confused24.gif . The floor look great man beer.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(JRust @ Jul 6 2011, 12:30 PM) *

What's with all those extra holes? Just you going crazy with your weight saving confused24.gif . The floor look great man beer.gif

Well, I saw this done in someone else's car and thought it looked cool. Yes, I want to save as much weight as I can but this was done more out of being silly laugh.gif .

This car is going to be at 1800 lbs with a hundred or so taken from up high and placed down low beerchug.gif All in time.

Thanks for the compliment beerchug.gif
PeeGreen 914
So I have very little to do to have the interior finished. Well, in the grand scheme of things. I wasn't sure what I was going to do for my steering wheel when my best friend handed me this:
dlestep
...I was wondering where you were going with the new 914. What is your vision of this car Jon ?
PeeGreen 914
SCCA GP 1.8l 1800 lb 914 beerchug.gif .

Hoping to campagne it next year but need the 1.8l engine built. The car is getting very close to where it needs to be but I only have the 2.0l in there for now. The 2.0l will at least give me an idea of how the car is handling until we get the 1.8l built right.
PeeGreen 914
Interior is very close now beerchug.gif
PeeGreen 914
This weekend I was able to finish up on the interior. I got the 5-point harness in and measured properly, Pedals inand cables attached, pedals board in. The interior if finished for now. I will bve taking out wires and relocating the battery to the interior in the future but not right now.
Tom
Jon,
That is looking great! Is there a renn-shift under that SC boot? smile.gif
Tom
PeeGreen 914
biggrin.gif You are correct sir.
6freak
Nice work Mr.B smile.gif
Root_Werks
Looks clean! Surprised you didn't drive it to the BBQ yesterday. driving.gif
PeeGreen 914
Needs wheels before I can drive it smile.gif Getting close but I should be getting a package today with some suspension stuff to add on there. So it may be a little longer before it hits the road happy11.gif
PeeGreen 914
Well this could be interesting smile.gif
NORD

Jon

What brand are your coilover callers?

Looks like a nice kit you found
PeeGreen 914
Rebel Racing. I purchased everything from Jonathan at GPR. He's a good source for this stuff beerchug.gif
jmill
I bought almost the same stuff with the exception of the rears. Let me know what you think of the Rebel front bushings. I just test fit mine and they are slightly larger than the A arm. Granted I bead blasted my arms and there isn't any paint on them. If I'm lucky the paint will snug them up a bit. Did GPR give you the bolts and special washers to go along with them?

On a side note Rebel is going to come out with a rear kit shortly. I'm waiting to see what they come up with before I go with the Elephant stuff.
PeeGreen 914
Yeah, Jonathan gave me everything smile.gif

I would like to wait until Rebel comes out with the rear as he does very nice work and is a great guy, from what I am told. I just went with Elephant because Chuck does make nice stuff. I know a metalic bushing isn't ideal but it is good for now.

Rears are actually something custom from a local member... once he drops them off smile.gif
PeeGreen 914
I haven't updated this in a while. Here is a picture I took today while I rolled it out of the garage. I'm waiting on a few things before I can take it out on the road but it is very close smile.gif
Ed_F
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ May 9 2011, 08:41 PM) *

For those that don't know why my name is Pee Green i is simply because my new 914 is green and came with a mouse problem. They pissed all over the interior and rust from the urine has cause a little work. Well, Getting close to getting all the damage out.

barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif This reminds me of a 72 Saab Sonett III I bought in Santa Fe a few years ago. It had been sitting on a farm and looked solid from underneath. What lurked under the carpet, in the dash, bellow the gas tank and about every place out of view gave me nightmares blink.gif Pounds of mouse crap and dead mice every where barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif The piss rusted the floors of coarse sad.gif I stepped away, let the car sit a while before I decided to tackle it. I thought I got it all out, but failed to open the blower fan box. I got a nice dusting on my first real drive barf.gif sad.gif

Needless to say, the thought of the Hantavirus gave me plenty of anxiety the following weeks. sad.gif
PeeGreen 914
I pulled two mice skeletons from out of the cross member of the rear. I have been told there where four or five others in the car as well. I guess it is really amazing that thecar has no rust issues in the main areas. This car could have been a gem for someone who cared to restore it. I like to autocross so it was screwed the second it went into my garage biggrin.gif
sixnotfour
Those wheels look Amazing biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
Yes they do beerchug.gif

PlaysWithCars
Hey Jon, what seat are you running? Contemplating options for my project. I was going to use a stock seat with modified bolsters but now I'm rethinking that direction.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.