Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Older ATS wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JerryP
I don't know anything about these older ATS wheels. Somebody said they were pretty rare but I don't know if that means they are good. I've been running Riv's until I can buy a set of nice Fuchs or do a 5 lug conversion. Anybody know where these might fall in the range between Riv's and Fuchs as far as strength, weight, desirability etc.?

Would you use them instead of Riv's(aesthetic preferences aside for the moment)? Thanks.
JerryP
sorry about the huge photo.
SLITS
Not as common as some - They are German - You should be able to find an OE number on the backside. Have seen a couple of sets of the 4 luggers, but the 5 luggers seem to be more common (early 911 wheels). They are heavier than the FUChs or Mahles, but should be lighter than the EMPIs. Strength - don't have a clue.

Believe these wheels are referred to as "cookie cutters".
davep
No, not cookie cutters. There are a high quality rim equal to the Pedrini and Mahle cast alloy rims. I used a set of 7x15 5 bolt on a car long ago. I do have a set of 5.5x14 4 bolt still around. A neigbour has a set on his old Volvo, 4 bolt, don't know the bolt circle.
Mueller
you can buy those ATS wheels brand new at Americas Tires/Discount Tires (thier on-line site shows them being available)
JWest
Nice wheels. That design was used on some older Ferraris from the factory.

ATS made the cookie cutters and phone dials (I think) and many other OEM wheels for various manufacturers- they are a high quality pressure casting.
Ferg
I've got a set of the five bolt for my track wheels. From what I understand the five bolt are harder to come by, and both 4 and 5 bolt are not that common. I was told that they were a dealer option on 911's and 914's, ats is still making wheels and nice one's at that, mostly for the vw audi crowd.
I love them, there not super light but look great on the car, and are a nice change from the ordinary. No pic's but mine are all black, powdercoated. biggrin.gif
Porsche Rescue
I have them on my '74 with my street tires. I like the look and they are a bit less common than other 914 wheels. Interesting that a new set can be had for $500. I sold a set of good used wheels for about $450 a year or so ago. I have seen others go for $400+ on Ebay. Mine were not painted black but I guess they could have been at one time.
JerryP
nice....I like the silver. Mine almost look like there should be a cap to cover the lugs. Was there ever one?
Porsche Rescue
Don't think so, at least I've never seen one.
Ray Warren
I have them and the only thing I don't like about
them is that they are a pain in the ass to clean.
I do like the look of them though.
RON S.
I had a set on my 914/6 when I got it several years ago.
Then some ass <_< stole one wheel,so now I have a RACERS set.
Nice wheels,I haven't found a loose wheel in 5 years to re-complete. my set.
I've done e-bay,swap meets,etc.
I did see a full set of 5 luggers on German e-bay last month for a buy it now price of $400.00.
Hopefully here's a pic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.