Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Not So Rust Free
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DipShit
The previous owner started the restoration and gave up. He did aquire some great parts, battery tray and cut body parts off of another to weld in to the rust spots. The right jack point he welded 1/4" off so I will probably take an air chisel and redo it. Note: I am not responsible for the "bird shit" welds.
DipShit
right side
DipShit
right front wheel well
DipShit
left side
dmenche914
Your rust doesn't appear as bad as mine, so take heart in that! Mine was hideen under some chaulking carefully spread , and painted all nice, yuck!

At least it appears your motor mount, and frame channel is intact. Interesting avator, my resolution is not all that good, can you send an enlargement and post it?

good luck in fighting the rust.

I hope that one day these cars become as valuable as a 356, with all the money and work put into mine, it would be nice, but then again, it is nice having cheap 914's, so more people can enjoy them.
DipShit
avator is a photo of a Pilatus PC-12 we custom painted a few years ago. This shot ws taken after the cheetah ran in to the woods and had to be "re-skinned". As it turns out, this aircraft has recently sold and the new owner is looking at stripping it and repainting with a traditional paint scheme - sad sad.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Hey Dipshit! (always wanted to say that and get away with it laugh.gif ). Welcome to the club.
Repairs are looking good. Keep up the good work, and keep the pics coming. Ya gotta know by now, we love 914 pics.
ablose58
Welcome to the club, DIPSHIT! I see you are into aviation . My brother has a shop back on the east coast and basically does the same thing as you do. cool pilatus!! AL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.