Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First Drive
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tracks914
Well all the planets aligned today and I finally got my first drive around the block. w00t.gif
It was my first drive in a teener, other than when I test drove it a few miles (18 months and 28 days ago), and it will take some getting used to. It definately is not my new 2004 F150 for ride and comfort but I never expected it to be.
It's raining outside right now but I just had to give it a ride anyway. After supper I will take my wife out for a ride and start breaking in the engine. Then it will be time to start working on all the little things that might or will go wrong with it. I am told 914's are always a work in progress, the project that never ends. smile.gif
ein 6er
WOW!!! looks nice!!! congrats!!! just in time for summer!!! clap56.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(tracks914 @ May 27 2004, 01:58 PM)
Well all the planets aligned today and I finally got my first drive around the block

Woo hoo! In your face, Milwaukee! smilie_pokal.gif

err, i mean, way to go Doug !!!
driving.gif Andy
i love porsche
lucky guy! i wont be driving my car for quite some time hehe
Gint
Nice!
rick 918-S
Man that feels great! clap56.gif
lmcchesney
Great news Doug.
Enjoy.
L. McC
watsonrx13
agree.gif It nice to another 914 on the road. Enjoy.
415PB
Very clean and very nice smilie_pokal.gif
Ray Warren
Looks very nice Doug.

BTW I'm parting out a 73 if you need anything.
tracks914
First Impressions.
Me - stiff, feel every rack in the road, corners on rails, VW on steroids (not bad for 80 hp)........cool, even if it is raining out. Need either practice or adjustment getting into 4th instead of 2nd, ouch.

My wife - oh, this is uh...err...nice. Kinda rough eh? (she did a good job not to laugh although I think she wanted to)

My oldest daughter - cool dad, this is just like riding a 4 cylinder skateboard. I like it.

My youngest daughter - this is neat dad, you can feel all the rocks on the road, just as if it were gravel. Can we keep going?

Like a fine wine, an aquired taste.....but boy does it corner nice. MDB2.gif
Rgreen914
Very nice, clean, stock-looking teener! I would like our car to look as clean when it's finished; that's my idea of how these cars look their best...well, maybe they "look" a little better with a big (4 cylinder) motor!
tracks914
QUOTE(Rgreen914 @ May 27 2004, 06:06 PM)
Very nice, clean, stock-looking teener!

My goal was to keep this one all stock, except, rims and center consol from a '73.
Maybe on the next one I will do different. wink.gif
red914
looks great! oddly enough, my family's responses were nearly identical, certainly in nature. the kids love it! of course, so do i! nice looking car you have there. i hear through the grapevine that the yellow ones are faster...
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(tracks914 @ May 27 2004, 09:22 PM)
Maybe on the next one I will do different. wink.gif

First drive and your already thinking about the next one? Damn, that didn't take long. laugh.gif Good looking car. Keep us informed on the progress. Drive it like ya stole it and have a ball. smilie_pokal.gif
tracks914
QUOTE(vsg914 @ May 27 2004, 06:32 PM)
Drive it like ya stole it and have a ball. smilie_pokal.gif

It (or me) doesn't shift quite fast enough for that yet! w00t.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Even the best shifting, stock shifter 914 will never be a speed shifter. Make your shifts smooth, slow, and precise. It takes while to get the "feel" for the shifter, but after you master it, you'll be the king of the 5 speed. biggrin.gif
GWN7
Congrats...I know the feeling smile.gif
bob174
Excellent ride, man. Looks just like mine except I got no chrome bumpers & don't have the sail vinyl.
914rick
Doug, GREAT looking car. The first thing that you need to know about your car is that YELLOW IS FASTER wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.