Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tranny shop for converted 915
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ewdysar
I've got a 915 transmission that I have prepped to go into my 914 V8 conversion. The 3.10 ring and pinion has already been flipped and Wevo side shift kit has already been installed.

I would like to discuss installing an LSD and I need to see if I can get a sending unit for an electronic speedo installed. I need the work completed in the next couple of weeks.

Can anyone suggest a good local tranny shop that can handle this kind of work?

I'm in Altadena

Thanks,
Eric
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(ewdysar @ May 10 2011, 05:32 PM) *

I've got a 915 transmission that I have prepped to go into my 914 V8 conversion. The 3.10 ring and pinion has already been flipped and Wevo side shift kit has already been installed.

I would like to discuss installing an LSD and I need to see if I can get a sending unit for an electronic speedo installed. I need the work completed in the next couple of weeks.

I'm in Altadena

Thanks,
Eric

Send it to Doctor Evil.
scotty b
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ May 10 2011, 03:05 PM) *

QUOTE(ewdysar @ May 10 2011, 05:32 PM) *

I'm in Altadena

Thanks,
Eric

Send it to Doctor Evil.

agree.gif A "local" tranny shop won't know what the hell to do with this setup, and will most likely buy the cheapest parts they can Mike knows these trannies inside out, and currently has my 915 to build. Plus He is WAY cheaper than the run of the mill tranny shop. Just don't let him in your house, or feed him icon8.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Randall Aase Motors in Fullerton. Owned for some time now by Jeff Ericson. The best. If he can't/won't do it, and I'd be surprised, he'll know where to send you. Another choice might be Ottos, but JW is somewhat retired, I think. Both are within an hour of you.

The Cap'n
ewdysar
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ May 10 2011, 04:30 PM) *

Randall Aase Motors in Fullerton. Owned for some time now by Jeff Ericson. The best. If he can't/won't do it, and I'd be surprised, he'll know where to send you. Another choice might be Ottos, but JW is somewhat retired, I think. Both are within an hour of you.

The Cap'n

Thanks Cap'n.

I talked to Jeff at Aase and he'll be able to do it. The labor is not unreasonable, considering the amount of work involved. The rest of the bill will be the new parts. sad.gif The kinda good news is that a Guard TB diff will be a little cheaper than the clutch type. At least I can believe that all of the work will be done right and he's local (kind of).

Now all I need to do is get the tranny down to his shop before he gets overbooked....

Eric
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.