my new 2056 with dual weber 40 idf runs great, but there is no vacuum advance
the car pulls like a bear, but could it be better ? w00t.gif
914 shifter
QUOTE(esses62 @ May 10 2011, 05:45 PM) *

why don't you ask your buddy Jake biggrin.gif

i was hoping Jake will see this post and type.gif
914 shifter
QUOTE(esses62 @ May 10 2011, 05:45 PM) *

why don't you ask your buddy Jake biggrin.gif Is it a .009. The one I had didn't have a vacuum advance. I swapped it out for a Unilite. Night and Day difference. I think your timing is probably advanced already better make sure you use the good stuff up to $4.80 a gallon in my neck of the woods already. Good thing my 2.0 gets 30 mpg driving.gif

good thing i have Exxon stock lol-2.gif
McMark
Nope. If it runs well, let it run.
Jake Raby
Run it. It performed fine for me and made the numbers on the dyno. Fixing things that aren't broken, can break things. The engine was optimized well as is, all it needs is to be driven.
914 shifter
ok driving.gif cheer.gif
rmital
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ May 11 2011, 12:06 AM) *

.....Fixing things that aren't broken, can break things.....

Nice!!! Fantastic statement...jack stands across the nation are crying out in fear of non-use.
drive your car(s)....the Porsche' gods will "really" let you know when it's time for a jack stand break!!! driving.gif flag.gif driving-girl.gif

hank, if your getting bored, go help your buddy with the white teener... smoke.gif
RFoulds
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ May 10 2011, 09:06 PM) *

Run it. Fixing things that aren't broken, can break things. all it needs is to be driven.

Too f'ing true. What more do you want??? You've got power and reliability. You are the envy of ALL 914's.
tod914
Why would you tinker with that Hank? It ran perfect.
Cevan
QUOTE(esses62 @ May 10 2011, 09:45 PM) *

why don't you ask your buddy Jake biggrin.gif Is it a .009. The one I had didn't have a vacuum advance. I swapped it out for a Unilite. Night and Day difference. I think your timing is probably advanced already better make sure you use the good stuff up to $4.80 a gallon in my neck of the woods already. Good thing my 2.0 gets 30 mpg driving.gif

Hope I'm not hijacking but I also have a 2056 with Webers and I'm using an L-Jet dizzy with no vacuum advance. Is there any performance to be gained by going from my dizzy to a Mallory?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.