Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Distributor Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Daiberl
Hello,

my car still cuts off at around 4200 rpm, I played with the timing over the weekend but it didn't help. I believe that my dizzy is broken (no wonder after more than 22 years not being driven i think). Will the SVDA 034 work, I have stock FI, car is a 1974 LE with stock original engine. SVDZ 034 can be seen here: http://www.hot-spark.com/Hot-Spark-SVDA034-3BOS4U1.htm

Thanks,
- Juergen
brant
I don't believe so
with stock injection you have fuel injection trigger points
you need to find the correct stock distributor (the points are in the bottom of the distributor)

why do you think your distributor is bad
with stock injection and not being driven for 22 years there are many things to check...

ie: maybe your stock fuel injection points are bad and need to be replaced.....

although that is not the most likely problem, I would look towards the ignition and fuel injection tests...... what rotor do you have? New plug wires?

Cap'n Krusty
No. Your FI system has to have trigger points to fire the injectors. You also need vacuum retard to ensure the proper idle timing and speed, as well as the instant advance when the throttle is opened.

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.