Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I've seen some -4 engine builds,
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
type47
There are threads where people have documented their -4 typeIV engine builds, are there any similar -6 engine builds? Interested specifically in a 2.2E build with modern digital fuel injection.
Eric_Shea
I'm in the middle of a 3.0 MFI build (don't tell Clay I have MFI too).

I could snap some pics of that... might help me get off my ass.
J P Stein
Wayne Dempsey over at Pelican wrote a step by step book about it. Wayne is the author but someone else did the wrenching. Seems to be a pretty good book...you could do worse. I've built a couple....tain't rocket science but there are pitfalls to avoid.
B Anderson also has a book telling you everything you want to know about the motor.....except "modern digital FI."

To get EFI on a motor....one that actually works...is expensive. Finding someone to teach you how to tune it ain't cheep either. Rothsport in Portland, OR. does a hell of a job at it.....but bring money, lots of money.

mepstein
Lots of engine builds on pelicanparts.com
sixnotfour
3.2 and forget about it.
type47
QUOTE(J P Stein @ May 11 2011, 10:11 AM) *

Wayne Dempsey over at Pelican wrote a step by step book about it. Wayne is the author but someone else did the wrenching. Seems to be a pretty good book...you could do worse. I've built a couple....tain't rocket science but there are pitfalls to avoid.
B Anderson also has a book telling you everything you want to know about the motor.....except "modern digital FI."

To get EFI on a motor....one that actually works...is expensive. Finding someone to teach you how to tune it ain't cheep either. Rothsport in Portland, OR. does a hell of a job at it.....but bring money, lots of money.

Yea, I have that one but a rookie would never know the pitfalls. I also have a book by Cole Scrogham a pretty well know Porsche guy, at least on the East Coast and who won some Manhattan Concours trophies at Porsche Parade. Located in VA. One thing is I have a '69T motor already.
sww914
I can recommend Bruce Anderson's book also. It has a lot of info that isn't anywhere else.
JmuRiz
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ May 11 2011, 01:58 PM) *

3.2 and forget about it.

Only if you have a good one for $3K wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.