Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ot - gt40 - damn sweet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
gt40 - sweet in person
carr914
Looks like a SuperPerformance
JmuRiz
It's a new GT, looks like one with some aftermarket work done to it....meh.
RFoulds
A friend bought one a few years ago. He had a Ferrari 308GTB and a Ferrari Testerossa previously. He loves the straight line acceleration of the GT, but its a handful in cornering. MASSIVE power though.
As for the SuperPerformance car, I looked it up and down at the Desert Concours. It is beautiful, and LOUD.

I am trying to get this guy into a new Carrera GTS instead. He hasn't tried a 911 since the 993. new ones drive like a completely different car.

IPB Image
Katmanken
Here ya go. This will forever be a FORD GT to me.

Almost fell over one in a parking lot in Miami Florida in 1969. Thought it may have been the Doctor's "fun" car.

The one I saw was really rough with the fiberglass hood all pieced together like it had been in a shunt. Hood was blue, body was white, racing number was 2, and the white parts of the body were very thin and cracked and crazed from vibration. Notice the front end stops under the blue paint, and thre is no rear spoiler. The GT40's added a front end and the rear spoilers.

a 1964 Ford GT prototype just like the one I saw.
Elliot Cannon
The GT 40 with the 289 CID engine made about the sweetest sound a race car can make. GT 40... 40 inches from ground to top of roof. biggrin.gif
RFoulds
Which is why the new one is only called a "GT" not GT 40. its 42" high. And no Gurney Bubble unless you spring for the Heritage Edition.
zymurgist
I remember riding in a friend's Boxster on I-78 in NJ once. Saw the GT40 coming up behind us from way off. He pulled up next to us, we acknowledged each other, then he walked us like we were standing still. Good times, good times.
plymouth37
That looks like a 700 HP Hennessey GT-700, that is a wild ride!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.