Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jake, I got a few questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
I could email you from your site but I thought some others here may like to know this stuff too.

1. I know you were going to start offering T-IV parts, but that never really came around. Is that plan dead?

2. You are offering kits now, but I already have pistons/rings/cylinders and big valve heads. Would you do part of a kit? Say the crank, rods, bolts? It just doesn't make sense for me to buy the kit when I have these parts.

3. I've searched the STF for the "best" rod to use and I learned what NOT to use, (Scat- need to remove too much, Stock- too heavy) but can't find what TO use. What will work best? I know you were working with a rod manufacturer that was going to be your supplier when you were going to do the parts gig. Is your rod supplier a secert?

4. I know you have done a lot of development work with WEBCAM and have a lot of special grinds with them. Will they or you sell these grinds to me directly? Or should I just stick with the standard grinds the aircooled.net has?

As always thanks for the info and I don't mean or want to try to go around you to a supplier but just want to know the best means to get to the end result.

Paul
Jake Raby
I could email you from your site but I thought some others here may like to know this stuff too.

Thanks paul, but I have gotten into "trouble" by answering these types of things here, some bitchasses don't like it..

1. I know you were going to start offering T-IV parts, but that never really came around. Is that plan dead?

Nothing here ever really dies..... I created a ton of enemies with my plans for the store, and just decided to keep silence a virtue till I decide what to do.

2. You are offering kits now, but I already have pistons/rings/cylinders and big valve heads. Would you do part of a kit? Say the crank, rods, bolts? It just doesn't make sense for me to buy the kit when I have these parts

A kit- Is a kit! The combination is everything and without getting my heads, you don't get the benefits of a kit... Alot of guys hit this dilemma. EVERYTIME I break my rules I have to talk to the guy for 4 hours wondering why he has head leaks and other issues with my parts- When he don't! Its the heads! There are TWO people in the US that I have found that know these heads and don't butcher them... Thats all.

3. I've searched the STF for the "best" rod to use and I learned what NOT to use, (Scat- need to remove too much, Stock- too heavy) but can't find what TO use. What will work best? I know you were working with a rod manufacturer that was going to be your supplier when you were going to do the parts gig. Is your rod supplier a secert?

Can't divulge this one online... too many eyes here.

4. I know you have done a lot of development work with WEBCAM and have a lot of special grinds with them. Will they or you sell these grinds to me directly? Or should I just stick with the standard grinds the aircooled.net has?

I can sell you a cam, no sweat..

As always thanks for the info and I don't mean or want to try to go around you to a supplier but just want to know the best means to get to the end result.

No sweat.... Just see what the summer holds in store, you never know what may happen.... rocking nana.gif

The best thing is for us to chat on the phone.
URY914
Thanks for being stright with your answers. I'll call and we can talk. It 'll be some time next week.

Paul
Mueller
Jake,

can you gun drill a cam for Paul to make it lighter?? smile.gif

answer away, you've been asked a question directly, it's not like you are just trolling around here for business.............
seanery
Jake, I think that's BS. Those that give you a hard time can bite my ass. Really, your input here is appreciated, and I think most will agree that they have learned from your posts even if they haven't/won't buy one your motors.
URY914
Actully I just want to know who builds the lightest crank, rods and cam. biggrin.gif

Tell you what I'll do. I'll talk to Jake and then post everything he says. cool_shades.gif

pray.gif JAKE

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.