Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OBX Racing rip off
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dbreitkreutz
I am from the Pacific Northwest and have a '74 Type 4 914. I built a big bore 2.0 L this winter for it and want to ask anybody else about purchasing any products from OBX racing. I bought a set of headers through the Tuning Depot on E Bay. Upon arrival the set looked good with fair workmenship. Till I got the engine and tranny together and hanging on a hoist, I found about the poor fit off the headers. It could not fit on #3 and 4 if you had even a big hammer. There was a interference fit to the case which made it impossible to draw up the headers to the exhaust studs. Even if you could the tabs for the studs were too tight and you were unable to make it work. I had to deal with the Tuning depot and OBX for several weeks through e-mail and un-answered phone calls. When they responded, I sent the documentation they wanted to show the problem. I never got a answer back. Finally I got a body on the phone, but he was clueless. He had to talk to his manager. Then I got a e-mail saying OBX Racing had never seen any problems with this product and told me I was SOL.
I am asking if anybody has used these headers and they fit?
Thanks, Daniel
Mike Bellis
DO a search here. They are crap and do not fit.
scotty b
You should have done a search here before flushing your money. bottom line is you're screwed. You will never get your money back, and in order to make them fit, you will have to re-invent the wheel. Notorious junk

Once again, you get what you pay for.

sorry sad.gif
'73-914kid
Nope, none of them fit. They were all tooled off of a tweaked header to begin with. None of them will fit, from what I understand. That's pure BS that they "haven't seen anything like this before", becasue not a single OBX header fits on our cars correctly.

I'd keep pestering them to be perfectly honest. leave terrible feedback, and maybe even strike up a claim with ebay. (I'm assuming you bought it off ebay?)
dbreitkreutz
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ May 12 2011, 07:52 AM) *

DO a search here. They are crap and do not fit.

I know now. I guess should of know when I saw a "F" rating from the Bay area BBB.
sean_v8_914
I called them over 50 times, yes 50. I sent over 50 emails...somebody find that thread, please. I sent them photos, posted them here. I told them about this thread. i even put the names in each post to help the search engines find it.
for those who know me first hand...ya'll know that if they were closer I would have paid them a visit in person

OBX Porsche 914 header is a copy from a bad header that does not fit
OBX ebay guys will not honor this problem
jasons
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ May 12 2011, 08:11 AM) *

somebody find that thread, please.

This one?
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;hl=obx+header

PeeGreen 914
Being from the NW you may want to look into Triad. Not very expensive and Dave does nice work. Oh, and he stands by his work beerchug.gif

http://www.triadwestperformance.com/Products.htm

Sorry yoiu got hosed on these ones sad.gif
Jake Raby
Sounds like you got exactly what you paid for... It sucks, but a proper collector for a quality system costs as much as what they sell the header sets for.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.