Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What color is this??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
I have not seen one 914 this color yet. Can anyone tell me what the code is for it? I think I may just paint my car this color. Looking at the dash, its a 70 or 71 model.
Chris H.
Blue.
Chris H.
Kidding, Alaska Blue Metallic maybe?
smg914
Although it is difficult to determine the exact color of a car from a magazine ad, if I was to guess, I would say it is Gemini Blue Metallic.
Chris H.
Yup. I jumped the gun... I agree... Gemini.

Should I lay off the coffee maybe?
Meredith
I thought it was Gemini Blue as well. That's my dad's color, so I asked his opinion. Still waiting for the response...
smg914
Alaska Blue wasn't available until 1973 and the car in the picture is a 1971 because of the vent in the center of the dash.
AZ914
I was thinking Marathon Blue Metallic.. basically silver with a blue hue... maybe
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(smg914 @ May 28 2004, 03:29 PM)
Although it is difficult to determine the exact color of a car from a magazine ad, if I was to guess, I would say it is Gemini Blue Metallic.

agree.gif

guy's beat me to it!

it's a GREAT color!! Marathon is awesome too!!!
skline
Yup, thats what I meant by looking at the dash. The only years that had the vent were 70 and 71. So it aint Gemini. Its a cool color though, and obviously not that common. That is why I want to paint my car this color. I just need the code.
AZ914
I like the ad. Read the bit about the rear trunk... It can fit 3 travel bags, a set of golf clubs and a ray gun.

I'd like to see them fit my clubs in there... HA :finger2:
Carl
Gemini was an optional color in '70 & '71. My car is a '70 /6 and does not have the center vent in the dash.
Meredith
How old is the picture? Could it have been repainted?
skline
The picture is out of a magazine ad from a 70's car magazine. I wouldnt think they would repaint a car from the factory to put in an ad for their sales campaign. Are you sure your car is a 70-6 and all original? Did you buy it new and nobody ever changed your dash?
smg914
The center vent was only on the 4 cylinder 914's.
Carl
The car is a "fairly original" /6. There have been some engine and suspension mods and the interior has been reupholstered. The dash was not replaced.

The car originally was silver but was repainted to Gemini Blue because it was a factory color in the 1970 production year. The vinyl was removed from the sails so there are minor changes.

I'm not the original owner but it's been in the family for 12 years and, aside from a brief time in which the title was held by a dealer, we're effectively the 2nd owner. I don't have documentation of all the changes prior to it coming to our family but I certainly doubt that the dash was changed.
lapuwali
The color code for Gemini Blue is L96E. See http://homepage.mac.com/markd/914/colors.html for the complete list, including pictures and years.
skline
Carl, Thanks for the pic of your car, it is very nice looking. It also gives me a better idea of what the paint would look like from the side. It is more blue than I am looking for. I want something a little more on the gray side and a little darker. Your car looks sweet though. Apparently they only put the vents on the 4 cylinder cars. Dont understand that one but what the heck.
SirAndy
QUOTE(smg914 @ May 28 2004, 01:53 PM)
The center vent was only on the 4 cylinder 914's.

yupp, he's right ...

the /6 didn't have the center vent, only '70-'71 /4s!
Andy

PS.: i also vote for gemini blue ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.