Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please help a simple mind- MSD Ignition Wiring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tornik550
I am not overly swift when it comes to wiring. I am building a test stand for my rebuild. I was looking at the instructions for my MSD 6AL ignition and I am now confused. It seems to say that I hook up the power wires directly to the + and - terminals on the battery and I hook up a different wire to the ignition switch (as in my drawing). It seems strange that I would hook the + and - directly to the battery- is the correct? The second drawing makes more sense to me. Any ideas? Is drawing #1 correct?

Thanks, Steve
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
euro911
Depends on all the components in YOUR ignition system. If they didn't provide you with a wiring diagram, you can get one here: http://www.msdignition.com/uploadedFiles/M...nstructions.pdf

However, no matter which type of triggering system YOU will be using, the heavy RED and BLACK wires go directly to the (+) and (-) terminals on your battery.
tomeric914
The main power and ground go direct to the battery. There is typically a second lighter gauge red wire that goes to the ignition switch. This enables and disables the MSD.
tornik550
Once again the "world" has answered my question- thank you!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.