Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trekkor
What do the popular four lug wheels weigh including:
Fuch, stock steel, Riviera, 8 spoke Empi, etc.

I got my Falken Azenis for a/x and all I have right now are stock steels mad.gif

The steels are strong I would expect, but how heavy?
machina
I posted this link before. Has all specs and weights on fuchs, etc.

For steel wheel, I guess someone has to bring one in the bathroom and weigh it.

dr

http://members.rennlist.org/911pcars/WheelWts.html
Trekkor
O.K. Here is the answer to my question

The Riviera with tire weighed in at 36#, while the stock steel ( rust included ) with tire came in at 39#.

Is 3#'s per wheel or 12#'s overall worth yelling about? ohmy.gif
machina
well that weight is rotating and unsprung, which is not the kind of weight we like.

actually it has a big impact on handling, braking etc.

If it was just 12 lbs of dead weight in the car, wouldn't matter but spinning up that extra weight can be a drag.

dr
bondo
Anyone know what ATS cookie cutters weigh? (that's what I'm going to use for my 5 lug conversion)

--Royce
lapuwali
Were they the same tires (make, model, and size)? There's a pretty wide variation in tire weights between sizes, and even between makes in the same size. Certainly it can be more than 3lbs, so the steels may weigh the same, or even less, than the Rivs. They may also be a good bit more than 3lbs heavier. And for rotating mass, tires are even more important than wheels, as the mass is concentrated much farther from the axle.
Trekkor
Good point. Tires on Riv's are Yokohama YK420 195/50/15

Tires on steels are Nitto 185/70/15

confused24.gif
Andyrew
Cookies 225 55 15's 35lbs with street tires

205 50 15's 32lbs with street tires

just weighed em
bondo
6" or 7" cookie cutters?

--Royce
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.