Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bosch D-jet tester
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jacco
Hey guys,

I have a lead on a Bosch D jet tester.... I was just wondering what these things might be worth and If they can come in handy for home diagnose of the D jet system. see picture

hope you can help out

greets
Jacco de Haan
Deflft, the Netherlands
anthony
I've seen them sell on ebay for anywhere from $150-300. There's lots of info Brad Ander's page:

http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/Testers.htm
Bleyseng
I paid $100 for a Janbo tester. Most of these just test the wiring and sensors although the Janbo has a P brain test which runs the car without the ECU. That helps to test to see if the ECU is bad.
The only test that they don't do is for the MPS. That you do with a vacuum pump and either a Wavetek or a exhaust gas tester to set the A/F mix.
I think all these testers are good for are a Mechanic's shop because you can test a car in 10 minutes to see IF their are any problems quickly and where the problem might be but they aren't all that detailed in their tests. Kinda go-no go tests.
A trained Djet mechanic can just look and listen and do the same thing as Djet is so simple.

Geoff
Jacco
so if I understand correctly there's not a lot of added value over a good DMM and some patience compared to this specific type of tester.

thanks for the input

greets
Jacco de Haan
Delft, the Netherlands
Bleyseng
yes ph34r.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.