Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is anyone else waiting for parts from Terry Burke (914xprs)?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jasons
I'm over 5 weeks waiting for him to ship parts. I know he has hit a rough patch lately, and I am trying to be patient with his situation. Is anyone else waiting?
914 shifter
QUOTE(jasons @ May 14 2011, 06:08 AM) *

I'm over 5 weeks waiting for him to ship parts. I know he has hit a rough patch lately, and I am trying to be patient with his situation. Is anyone else waiting?

Terry just shipped my parts. delayed, but i remained patient.
this was my first transaction with him. checked my tracking #
and parts are on the way. sounds like he could use some love and support
his Dad was Airborne Assault Vietnam flag.gif

jasons
Yeah I feel bad about being frustrated, so I try to keep it in perspective. I was even wondering if someone who knows him could help him get the stuff moving.
IronHillRestorations
I've gotten a couple things from him, and maybe a couple days slower than I might have expected, he's always delivered.
jasons
QUOTE(9146986 @ May 14 2011, 10:49 AM) *

he's always delivered.

I think he has good intentions, but is overwhelmed.
FourBlades

Terry has always come through big time for me.

His brother is not doing well I am pretty sure.

Maybe someone who lives there can lend him a hand.

John
Markl
I've bought some parts from Terry, yes, he might be a little slow, but the parts I got from him were worth waiting for, well-packed to boot.
two-strokejohn
Waited for quite some time on large parts, but he does deliver eventually and the quality of the used parts are really exceptional. when he says rust free, they are like new. the wait will be well worth it when he delivers.
pilothyer
Believe me Brother, If it's Terry Burke......you don't have any worries. You might want to try to contact him though...he is a high volume parts supplier and things do get lost in the shuffle sometimes....Jerry
jasons
I've been pestering him pretty good. I am just going to back off and stop worrying about it. Thanks guys.
avidfanjpl
If this helps, tell Terry that John Lewis with the orange 914 from Anaheim Hills can pick up as much as will fit in my G35 trunk and can go to the UPS store for each of you and box and ship and send tracking numbers. Remember, I get hit for 3% on paypal to cover shipping. Terry typically has boxes and peanuts.

Not sure what we are talking about partswise here, but Terry is a prince, and things are not good from what I hear.

I know I can reach him, and maybe even Bruce Stone can help?

He has never failed, but even on a good week he is scrambling.

I will help if someone wants, but I am not sure of the funeral date or anything.

I know he is trying to sell his personal teener to pay for things.

My cell is 310-991-2200

Tomorrow afternoon is best, followed by Monday afternoon. Tuesday is mostly booked.

See what you think.

Best regards,

John
detoxcowboy
I just saw him today,and he is trying to bury his father and deal with all his dealings ect..
Beach914
Just messaged with him and its been pretty rough for him. He'll bouce back in a few.... just need to give him a chance.
914.SBC
Ahh that is very sad news of his pops passing. Terry supplied me with everything I needed for my build. I thought it was strange that I text him and he never replied. I am bummed at this news on top of everything else he had going.

Prayers to you Terry and your family
jasons
I think we have a solution that will work to get my stuff shipped. I bought seats which are a hassle for anyone to ship on a good day and they need to go greyhound to keep the cost down.

BTW, John thanks for offering to help. Unfortunately, seats probably don't fit in the trunk of a G35!
jeeperjohn56
I'm still waiting, but have gotten a email about all the stuff he's dealing with, family members taking things with out permission and dealing with the police. Be patient he will come thru. John
avidfanjpl
You bet, Jason.

Detox and others know Terry better than me, but I can help if needed.

Did not hear about the cop thing.

Did someone buy his 2.0L project?

I wonder? I still have some mad money if he needs it gone quick.

Anyone know?

John
NC_Colfax
I brought a body from Terry back in November.

We have had all kinds of problems getting it shipped but Terry has worked with me and I will him.
I have no worries that he will come through with me just trying to work out the details. He has also spoke to me about his problems and I wish him the best.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.