Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alternator light on
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot_Cannon
Just put on a new set of Bilstseins and decided to go for a spin. The spin lasted about 15 minutes when the Alt. light came on, voltmeter said 0, the tach. stopped and the oil temp said 0. Other than checking the "V" belt, what else can be done to trouble shoot this problem. Voltage regulator is new.
Cheers, Elliot
davep
Do a search on alternator. There are lots of threads on similar problems. It could be alternator, VR, relay board or any part of the various pieces of harness. Start using a voltmeter to find out where you can get a voltage.

Strange that you have no voltage, did the engine quit also? If not then the engine is getting power even if the dash is not.

DaveP
skline
It sounds like all your guages when out at once, I would check the relay board and connections there before I went to other places. That is where everything connects from the engine. Start there. If you need another one to check it, come by and pick one up. I have several of them here.
SLITS

FUSE #8 AS I REMEMBER

This is what I was advised when I posted the same problem a short time ago and they were right.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.