Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: EFI versus Carbs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
enderw88
First, this is not about which system performs better, can be maintained easier or get more chicks. I am looking for a 914 and in the Arizona legal environment (California 'lite') I am concerned that I could buy a car I can't register. Many of the cars I have seen are carb'ed when the originals were injected.

Have people have had problems getting their cars registered with a non-original induction system? For those of you who have /6 conversions, have you run into problems getting through emissions?

I have done a search but nothing much comes up recently and it seems like this section of the law evolves pretty quickly. When I registered my SuperStalker somehow I convinced the Arizona authorities that it was a "1962 Lotus 7" so I haven't had to deal with any emissions testing at all...
euro911
Currently, in CA, bi-annual smog tests aren't required for '75 or earlier M-Y vehicles, so it doesn't matter what induction system the vehicle has, or what engine for that matter. That may change if it's an out-of-state vehicle confused24.gif ... need to check with your local DMV (or AAA).

I've only had to register an 'out-of-state' automobile here once, and that was back in the early '70's, so I can't say what our current DMV requirements are, but I can say that we were required to have a physical inspection on a '66 Honda motorcycle I purchased in AZ a couple of years ago. Normally, the CA CHP verifies the motorcycle chassis (frame) and engine case numbers match and that it's not reported stolen ... AAA took care of the inspection for us smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.