Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need a screw
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bob174
Hey guys, after removing the gas tank to relocate the fuel pump I found that I'm missing one of the screws that holds the fresh air box in. I think it's the fresh air box--its the black plastic box by the gas tank that fits up agaist the grated opening just in front of the windshield. I have a '73 if that matters. Anyone out there have a parts car they might be willing to grab one off of for me? I'll be happy to pay for the trouble.
aircooledboy
Hey Bud,

I'm sure I can help you out, but you'll need to be a little more specific. It seems to me the fresh air box is held in with bolts & 10mm nuts (???). If you can describe what you have, I get out later (after the 40 day rain stop stops!!!) and find one in my personal 914 bone yard. aktion035.gif
bob174
Thanks Chris, sent you a PM.

Bob
lmcchesney
That is a 10mm bolt. $.10 at the hardware store.
Joe Ricard
"need a screw" WELL DON"T WE ALL??? that should be just a regular fine thread hex head that is the same size as sheet metal. In fact a cheese head screw would probably work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.