Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1975 914 2.0L
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
DanT
1975 2.0L with recent complete rebuild.....$9,750 (new lower price) OBO, as it shows in pics
Paint, motor, transmission.
Pics of the car can be seen in this extensive thread.
1975 914 2.0L

Even more pics on. Page 2of this thread!

Car currenly is running '73-'74 stock heat exchangers with stock custom twin piped muffler.
Koni adjustable shocks front and rear (adjustment knob on the top of all 4 shocks)
140# Weltmeister rear springs
Stock front sway bar.

Motor was dissasembled, with new bearings, heads freshened and completely resealed.
Engine tin was media blasted and repainted, along with the fan shroud, intake runners and stock air cleaner.
Stock D-Jet runs flawlessly.
"tuna can" Oil sump was installed at engine rebuild.
Tranny was dissasembled and new parts were installed where needed.
New shifter bushings front to rear
Motor and Tranny have ~4,500 miles since rebuild

Body was stripped and repainted in Factory Grand Prix White, paint code L908. Car was originally Factory White paint code L80E.
Front markers where shaved.
All valences where painted in gloss black.
Targa top was stripped and painted with matte black...Head liner is installed and in good condition.
New Targa bar vinyl was installed sides and top of bar.
New rear targa top seals, new main front seal, new door seals.
New rear tail light lenses, new front turn signal lenses.
New wiper arms and wiper blades
New windshield washer nozzles
New front trunk seal.

All electricals work as they should.
Factory fog lights

Car will be sold with Polished Factory Fuchs with excellent Factory center caps and 911 Alloy lug nuts, and Dunlop Direzza Star Spec tires with ~5,500 miles

Interior is complete but will need new center cushion material installed for both seats. Needs dash cap or recovered dash (as almost all of them do)
New complete Morph carpet set.
New Morph door panels.
All three center consoled gauges work perfectly (yes even the clock keeps excellent time biggrin.gif )
Currently has harness bar installed with drivers 6 point Momo harness.
Car will be sold with new installed J-West shifter.
Very nice stereo with speakers installed in stock speaker panels. Stereo has hands free Bluetooth, and USB and Aux input. You can listen to your Ipod via bluetooth or USB or Aux...and using USB it will also charge your phone...
Speedometer was rebuilt when the car was done, so mileage was set to zero, so mileage showing is mileage since car was done. ~5,500 miles. And yes the trip meter works as well.
Car also has a 993 3rd brakes light installed in the bottom of the targa bar (very clean and correct looking)

Car is a daily driver and never fails to start and run as new (or better smile.gif )
Many folks on this board have seen this car in person and it never fails to draw attention.
This is a car you can purchase and drive anywhere immediately. No need for jackstands! driving.gif
Car is currently class leader in GGR AX series, and second overall in Performance Index (PAX), that is running against all Porsches (Turbos, GT3s, RSAs etc.)
This is a very strong 2.0L car!

see the above referenced thread for most of the details...or send me a message here for questions.
I will add more information as I think of it.
EdwardBlume
I've seen this car too. It is well worth the asking price.. a REAL drive anyway car.
jrb44
PM & email sent
Tom_T
icon_bump.gif for the friendly ghost!

Click to view attachment

... errr .... the white914.jpg
DanT
thanks guys.... icon_bump.gif
euro911
Dan,
Let me know if you still want to sell them targa-top trim pieces confused24.gif
DanT
icon_bump.gif biggrin.gif
DanT
icon_bump.gif
DanT
icon_bump.gif

Any interest or offers?
DanT
icon_bump.gif smile.gif
fastfingers
QUOTE(DanT @ Jun 13 2011, 09:36 AM) *

icon_bump.gif smile.gif

I really think, from the pictures and history thread, that "Casper" is truly an exceptional 914. I can only dream of owning a 914 again for now, but some day I hope to find one as awesome as yours.

You would probably generate some renewed interest with some new pictures, especially of the interior. Also, for the 2 photographs you've posted in this thread, the red stripe is confusing. In one picture it is there, but then for the picture of the opposite side, it is not.
DanT
Thanks,
If you read the later portion of the restoration thread, you will find when the red stripes were put on. Of the pics that are in the FS ad, one was before and one was after.
In the restoration thread there are pics of all angles with and without the stripes, which are just 3M tape and can be removed easily.
scrz914
Dan you keep producing high quality restorations. Can you do a six or six conversion next so that I can buy it off you after a year or so? biggrin.gif

If I hadn't just dumped 10k into mine, I would buy Casper.

Good luck.
DanT
Thanks....it is a disease with no apparent cure! biggrin.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(DanT @ Jun 14 2011, 09:04 PM) *

Have you tried electroshock therapy Dan? biggrin.gif

Really surprised you're not getting any action on this! huh.gif

popcorn[1].gif
Tom_T

Oh .... and ...... icon_bump.gif .... for a great 914-2.0!

.... that icon_bump.gif reminds me of a Ruck or a Maul - but then I'm in Rugby mode now with Churchill Cup Finals on this weekend! biggrin.gif
DanT
Actually have had some action, all through PMs and email. smile.gif
Just takes the right combination of car and buyer, it will happen all in good time. I am in no hurry, although I should be driving my next project home this Sunday biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jun 15 2011, 06:16 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif

Randal
QUOTE(DanT @ Jun 16 2011, 06:29 PM) *

Actually have had some action, all through PMs and email. smile.gif
Just takes the right combination of car and buyer, it will happen all in good time. I am in no hurry, although I should be driving my next project home this Sunday biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jun 15 2011, 06:16 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif

Dan always does an outstanding job building/ restoring cars. And he doesn't stop with just cosmetics, it is everything that needs to be done is done right. Capers is a great car, well worth the price, actually more IMHO.
Slick914
Bump for a sharp looking car!
DanT
icon_bump.gif For new price biggrin.gif
DanT
pics
DanT
and
DanT
and
DanT
SOLD smile.gif
Going to new home in central California!
Rand
QUOTE(DanT @ Jun 16 2011, 06:29 PM) *

...I should be driving my next project home this Sunday biggrin.gif

Congrats on the sale, and kudos to the new owner. Ok, now I can't wait to see the new project. I hope you start a thread in the garage.
KJW
QUOTE(DanT @ Jul 2 2011, 01:22 PM) *

SOLD smile.gif
Going to new home in central California!

Well here some news. Casper is a great car, handles like a slot car and I have fixed a coupe of things in the past weeks, but I need to sell it. Things just didn't work out with the plans that I had for it.

$8,500 OBO

Send message.
vdavie
PM sent.

Vince
sspp
Still for sale...or sold?
KJW
QUOTE(sspp @ Sep 1 2011, 02:42 PM) *

Casper is for sale!
KJW
QUOTE(KJW @ Sep 4 2011, 08:58 AM) *

QUOTE(sspp @ Sep 1 2011, 02:42 PM) *

Casper is for sale!

New Price, I will sell the car for $8,000.
tod914
Put it on Ebay... you'll get a ton of exposure. And likely sell it!
PegasoMex
I am looking for a reasonable 914.
Is your car still on sale?
How may I contact you?
All the Best
Javier
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.