Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: high beam indicator light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914 shifter
my high beam indicator light is out. i have yet to pull out my gauges
uncharted territory for me. remove screws and pull out ?
CliffBraun
QUOTE(914 shifter @ May 15 2011, 05:15 PM) *

my high beam indicator light is out. i have yet to pull out my gauges
uncharted territory for me. remove screws and pull out ?

Pretty sure it'd probably be easier to just slide the gauge out of the sheet metal holding it. It's just held in there by the rubber surround. Check the bulb first and then get out the test light and multimeter to chase it down if that's not it. Bulb seems most likely by far.
detoxcowboy
hard parts is getting to it.. on a scale of 1 to 10 it is a 11/2 difficulty.. Put a towel over your steering colmun so you do not mar your gauges.. I usually just tkae them all out starting on the left.. depends how much wire you have on how far you need to go to get them out.. you actually could do a reach around from the gas gauge after it is out and not have to go so far.. you will see.. remeber what wire goes where..
Kraftwerk
You should be able to simply yank the wire from behind the speedo and then replace the little bulb. no need to remove the gauge or anything else. lay down on the floor and look up with a flashlight. on my car it is a green and white striped wire.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.