Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carb Kit Conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
deloreandude86
OK guys, I'm converting my 72 1.7 FI to a Carb. I have already purchased a Carb kit for it. What else will i need in terms of vacuum and distributor?

Thanks,

Austin
Rand
Any chance you can get a refund on the carb kit? Then we could help you get the FI working and you'd have a much better setup.
deloreandude86
QUOTE(Rand @ May 16 2011, 06:44 PM) *

Any chance you can get a refund on the carb kit? Then we could help you get the FI working and you'd have a much better setup.

Well you see, we had a little engine fire. Ended up smokin the whole system, melted wires, hoses, the works. It would be in our best intrest on my tight budget to go carbs. But thanks for the reply.

Rand
Bummer, sorry to hear about the fire. I wasn't trying to be a smart ass btw, it's just that a single carb setup isn't good on these engines. Wait, you said carbs this time... Duals can work well. What carb(s) did you get?

deloreandude86
QUOTE(Rand @ May 16 2011, 06:57 PM) *

Bummer, sorry to hear about the fire. I wasn't trying to be a smart ass btw, it's just that a single carb setup isn't good on these engines. Wait, you said carbs this time... Duals can work well. What carb(s) did you get?

Lol, sorry, didn't mean to make you seem like one lol, but yeah, its a dual carb kit, the EMPI, Ill post the link from ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT
Elliot Cannon
I've seen dual single throat carb set-ups like that on a 1.7 before. Set up right you can get about 35 - 40 mpg. No danger of whip lash from acceleration but great gas milage.
deloreandude86
just a refresher
jsaum
QUOTE(deloreandude86 @ May 17 2011, 09:00 PM) *

just a refresher

Did you get your carbs installed? I just picked up a set and am working on installing them. The one thing I'm struggling with is the mount for the accelerator cable.

Jsaum
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.