Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I need Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
Ok all you V8 guys, did you take a picture of your engine before you had it put in or before you put it in your car? I need to look at a few of them if you can post them. Neddless to say, I never got any instructions with all my parts I have aquired so I am having to look at others and follow in thier footsteps. Mostly the parts I have are Renegade but some are Rod Simpson. I have already decided to run the hoses down the middle as suggested. Does it matter which 3/4 hose goes to which side of the pump? Also, is anyone else running a Rod Simpson Radiator and hoses? I know the RH uses 1" and 1 1/4" hoses. This setup from RS came with 1" and 3/4" hose. Should I run it like that or go get some 1 1/4" hose to run with the 1" down the center? Come on guys, it is so close I can feel it and hear it running in my sleep.
John2kx
QUOTE(skline @ May 30 2004, 08:54 PM)
Does it matter which 3/4 hose goes to which side of the pump? Also, is anyone else running a Rod Simpson Radiator and hoses? I know the RH uses 1" and 1 1/4" hoses. This setup from RS came with 1" and 3/4" hose. Should I run it like that or go get some 1 1/4" hose to run with the 1" down the center? Come on guys, it is so close I can feel it and hear it running in my sleep.

Scott,

With the Renegade water pump, water discharged from outlets can go to either side of block. Route/install to provide the cleareast path to block without making contact with headers, brackets etc.. This should be the same with any of the conversion water pumps available.

Since you went with a RS radiator, I'd use the hose sizes recommended by them. Glad to see you've decided to route down center of chassis!

What on the engine do you want to see that has not been shown over on the Bird site?

John
Chris Julian
Hi,

I just ran across this tread, haven't been on the board for awhile. I have a mix of RS components and items I have created on my own. Essentially no instructions as well. I have an aluminum radiator slanted inside the front compartment. It's a Howe racing radiator that I bought around ten years ago. It's about 2.5" thick and is as large a radiator that will in between the two sheetmetal struts. I am running #16 AN fittings and hose off of the radiator into a custom bulkhead I created at the first firewall (just before the fuel tank), from there I have fab'd 1" copper pipes that run under the fuel tank, thru the center tunnel (inside the car), and to another cutom bulkhead assy that pops out of the rear firewall, #16 an fittings and hose from the rear bulkhead to the water pump and manifold. I have the RS water pump and block fittings also with AN hoses and fittings. I have yet to run the setup but should have things ready in a few weeks. I am currently wiring the car and finishing up the rear compartment. I am worried I that the #16 hose is too small but untill I ty it I won't know for sure. If you haven't seen my car search for my introductory post.

Thanks,

Chris Julian
Chris Julian
Front compartment
skline
That looks so clean, very nice setup. Is this car going to be at the WCC? I would really like to see this one in person.
neo914-6
Scott,
Unless he tows it to an event you'll have to drive 10 miles up Los Gatos mountains on a single car twisty road to Chris' skunk works. Worth it though...

BTW, I'm running a RS waterpump mounted on the passenger side on a Jaide bracket. Hose routed under the car to a RH radiator. Found out my Dedenbear site tube leaked which I believe caused my car to lose water and overheat. Make sure you have no leaks and kinks in the lines...
Felix
Chris Julian
OK Felix,

That's it, if the guys at American Chopper can wire a bike in 8 hours is guess I should be able to get my car wired in at least a couple of weeks. All kidding aside, the car should be done this year, I turn 40 in December and this car will be the best gift ever. I have been working hard on the car and will be installing the motor soon. Photos to come.

I welcome any and all 914-918 guys to come take a look at the project. I live up here above silicon valley just a short drive up from San Jose. It's a nice drive if you don't mind all the slow motorbikes.

I'm still waiting for a ride in a real v8 914. So come on up.

FYI: I will be at the WCC, just without the car.

Chris
neo914-6
I'm still waiting for a ride in a real v8 914

Next to yours there are no real ones laugh.gif

I turn 40

Dam you're still a YOUNGSTER! I hit that years ago.

smilie_rolli_1.gif

GET IT RUNNING BEFORE THE END OF SUMMER!!!!!
neo914-6
Scott,
Dug this Simpson set up and scanned it just for you. Hope it helps...
Felix
Mike T
QUOTE(Jaiderenegadesimpson V8 914 @ May 31 2004, 01:07 PM)
Scott,
Dug this Simpson set up and scanned it just for you. Hope it helps...
Felix

I have an alternator mount very much like that one in the picture. What supports the the back of the long pivot bolt at the back of the alternator? Surely it doesn't rely on just the front aluminum piece...

Mike T

(pieced together swap project; little RSH, Little Desert Hybrids, little homemade)
John2kx
Mike,

I don't use this type of mount but it must work. Have seen many pics of it in use.

see these:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....threadid=164286

http://community.webshots.com/album/65449262xbOGCq/0

John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.