Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NPC: Favor #2 for the Guzzi, meet me half way?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
So I am not feeling like I will have much time in the near future to pick up my new prize 76 Guzzi project from the Bethesda, MD area. It is a 10hr round trip for me and I was wondering, would anyone be able to meet me part of the way?

I would of course pay for gas, tolls, a fine lunch at one of our many rest stops (unless there is a close, good place to eat). This would really help me out, as well as Spraggi who is currently storing the Pasta Rocket.

Anyone need to curry favor towards some tranny work?
zymurgist
I can show up to help load / unload the bike. Can't do much more without a truck of my own though.
hot_shoe914
Just have Scotty bring it to you when he delivers your car next week. He WILL be through with your car next week won't he? confused24.gif

lol-2.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif

poke.gif sheeplove.gif poke.gif sheeplove.gif poke.gif

slap.gif slap.gif

popcorn[1].gif
Dr Evil
Hmmm, Shoe. If I only knew a truck driver poke.gif rolleyes.gif
moparrob
What type of Guzzi did you get? A Convert or a G5? Or maybe a late LeMans?

I used to work in a Guzzi shop and have had several - just curious...
Dr Evil
76 850t3
plas76targa
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 18 2011, 01:00 PM) *

76 850t3

Lemme check with the social chairman. do I need a trailer or is this in a box of parts? wonder if it would fit in the van standing up.? How heavy is it and is it like most other aircooled items, dribbling oil?
Dr Evil
Uh, its a motorsickle. It has some weight, it was transported in a minivan, but I dont know how much Jim loves his minivan. I think you may be ill-equipped wink.gif

But, if you can, it would be good to see you again smile.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Nice score.

how bout a 67 v700 that hangs out at my wood shop.
IPB Image
type47
Could you do this on a Monday or Friday? Hancock is a little less than half-way for me. I like my van but my brother-in-law and daughter didn't. How soon would you like this to happen?
Dr Evil
I would have to check my schedule. I will work with you smile.gif Let me see and post up my availability.

Curt, if the price is right, I will buy about any bike smile.gif How much??
Dr Evil
This Sun I can meet in the early evening.

May 29 - 30 (Memorial Day weekend)

June 7 PM

Then I am on vacation in CA.
type47
None of those are good for me.... something will work out....maybe after return from CA
Dr Evil
No worries.
budk
I got time if you have the vehicle.... I don't have anything to haul it in/with.
Dr Evil
Hmmm, idea.gif

There are a few ways to accomplish this. I have the Suby, but I need to install the tow package for the trailer. I am guessing that you do not have a vehicle with a hitch?

I have the VUE with the tow stuff already on it, not sure how Noel would feel with me lending "her" car out to retrieve a bike rolleyes.gif

I can go out myself and get it on Memorial day weekend, but that has the potential to be a looooong trip with the traffic that will be in that area.
Dr Evil
Hey Bud,
Perhapse if you post your availability, Jim will have an opening.
type47
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 21 2011, 11:14 AM) *

... Jim will have an opening.

I'm off Monday's and Friday's.
type47
popcorn[1].gif
Dr Evil
Here is the latest. Next week Bud is available Tues-thurs. I am leaving for the Left coast Fri night.

I am working 9a-10p every day except for this weekend. This weekend I am working Sat 8a-Sun 8a... dry.gif Next week it is back to 9a-10p.

As you can see, I have no time to get it. Bud desires to go all the way so that he may visit relatives so it is worth his time. If Spraggi is available next week, which he likely will be, then this may happen then.
MikeSpraggi
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 31 2011, 03:12 PM) *

Here is the latest. Next week Bud is available Tues-thurs. I am leaving for the Left coast Fri night.

I am working 9a-10p every day except for this weekend. This weekend I am working Sat 8a-Sun 8a... dry.gif Next week it is back to 9a-10p.

As you can see, I have no time to get it. Bud desires to go all the way so that he may visit relatives so it is worth his time. If Spraggi is available next week, which he likely will be, then this may happen then.

I will be available, however I keep eyeing this bad boy ..... happy11.gif
Dr Evil
I am going to have Bud contact you directly, Mike. That way you two can work out the details without the need for me mucking it up. smile.gif

It would be nice to have this thing in the garage before I leave to the west.
Brian Mifsud
Click to view attachmentEvil,

Please tell me you are stripping that butt ugly piece of shit T3 of its Tank, Handlebars, Sidecovers Seat and Exhaust, and swapping in proper and respectible '76 Lemans hardware?

http://www.escher.de/escher/Willkommen.html

Dr Evil
No Le Mans. I started a thread just now about the Guzzi smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.