Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: sammy's yellow one lives
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
d914
Got old yellow running today. Cleaned the carbs, retimed and fixed the burnt wires.

The linkange for the carbs is looking mighty worn and somewhere though the ownerships of this engine cobbled togeather. I also need need air cleaners. 40 webers on a 2l -4.

Who offers the best package???? cbperformance, pelican etc????
MattR
Ive heard good things about cbperformance. Im going to be getting my package very soon and thats what Im going to go with.
Kargeek
Here's mine...cb performance with a custom cable bracket.You can point the arms to the front or back. I believe they now come with air cleaners too. Dave
morph
nice a clean looking smilie_pokal.gif kar geek.
tod914
Dave's car is really amazing. Have to see it to fully appreciate all the work he did to it. Like brand new smilie_pokal.gif
seanery
something to point out with Dave's linkage and bases are that they are straight & square. I've seen a lot of linkages that put the linkage bar at an angle and therefore in a bind.

My CB bases, linkage bar and tops are straight like that and work awesome.
MattR
Hey Dave (kargeek), are you gonna go to any car shows in the area any time soon? I'd love to check out your car!
rhodyguy
i would recomend the linkage from Triad. a bit more $$ but you will not have to fabricate a throttle cable holder. sturdy, with a very nice return action, it's really a nice set up. a search for "Triad linkage" should produce some pictures or go their posting in "Resources, Parts, Products". i like mine a bunch. i don't get why you would want the drop links on the rear of the carbs. it seems it would be tight squeeze dialing in the carbs.

kevin
Kargeek
I'll be at the PCA Orange Coast White Gloves Concours hosted within the Huntington Beach Concours next Sunday June 6th. There will be a special display of "40 years of the 911" (an example of every year) with the PCA club and 500+ cars of every class with the HB show. It's a great setting at the Huntington Beach Central Park. Come on down- if your not going to the WCC. I can't go to the WCC - my daughter is graduating H/S so this day is all that I can get away with!

HB Concours
Oh, I set the drop links to the rear to simplify the mounting / routing of the cable and bracket. I had to also trash the torsion bars for the trunk lid and go with hood shocks.

Dave Hall
MattR
I might just be able to make that! Thanks for the info! I will introduce myself.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.