Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCA Rules ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
ok, i just got the latest rule-book from PCA and it looks like,
the only class i can run in with my car is:
GT-5S

yieeks. Running with a stock 1.8 D-Jet against those guys doesn't sound like much fun ....

Stock 1.8 914s run in the K Class, which doesn't work for my car.

am i correct with my assumption or am i missing something here?
Andy
Demick
Is that a national PCA rule book or something? Question is, who are you planning on running with that you would use a national PCA rule book. If you are running with any of the local PCA regions, they pretty much all use the GGR rules (I think all of zone 7 uses these). They can be found at:

http://www.pca-ggr.org/ggrrulebook.html

It is important to note that there is a committee now trying to develop a completely new set of GGR rules based on a points system. I expect that this will be implemented. Time frame is either for the 2004 or 2005 season.

Demick
'74 2.0
Brad Roberts
Yeah.. Andy has the PCA club racing rules.

Focus on zone7 rules for right now. PCA club racing wont get within 5 hours of us again this year.

They canned the Sears event and I dont see a Laguna event on the schedule.

B
VegasRacer
You could put on slicks and run GT-5R. wink.gif (good luck)
URY914
I run in GT6S, and have been the only one in the class.
I'm a winner every time.

Paul
Brad Roberts
Paul..

That is WRONG. LOL

I try and build cars for whatever class is hot. That way I have something to gauge myself against.

B
Don Wohlfarth
PCA club race in San Diego at Calif Speedway June 6,7,8. and Luguna is a Zone 7 event October 3,4,5.
Brad Roberts
Last year rocked with 3 club races all in Ca. We where bummed when they dropped the Sears event ( I live 15 minutes from Sears) Glad to hear the Laguna event is still on. I still cant figure out why they dont run more club races here. Every event is BOOKED solid. I think it has something to do with NO spectators paying gate fees.

B
brant
Andy,

Yeah.. PCA club racing rules are tough.. You really have to build a dedicated car only to their rules to do well..

I've ran PCA class "I" since about 1996 and its my old gripe that I feel cheated in that class... The new car won't be built for PCA club race rules... Like brad said.. just build for your chapter.
(if you do club races then just race for fun and ignore your classification. There is always somebody to run with and play with... besides there is no point system so it doesn't matter much)

Do the club race thing after you get your 6 installed.

Our local chapter has a points system for classifications and has done this for 15+years.. I like it. Lets me put my points where I think they matter. My street car project is going to come out in the very lowest class (class 1 out of 16) and will be a hoot.

Just figure its for fun if you go to a club race.

brant
Zeke
The title of this thread has a double meaning. I thought someone was going to pay tribute to PCA. boldblue.gif The POC points system for improvements to the car seems fair. Like he said, you have a choice of where to put your emphasis. I built my car for the lowest race class in POC with an eye on the SCCA rule book. I agree with the comment about just go race with whatever you have. If they bump you a class, the hell with it. Run your best. driving.gif
EdwardBlume
Little things will kick you out of PCA classes. While the GGR rules committee is looking at things, I think they are focusing on Boxster, 993, and 996 mods and classes.

In my limited experience with GGR, doesn't matter what class you decide to run in.... Demick or Andrew will beat the crap out of your times <_< <_<
Don Wohlfarth
I think this is more of a East Coast-West Coast type of deal. In the East PCA is pretty much the only game in town with a lot of regions with fairly large membership to support de's and club race. The further West you go the regions get smaller and don't run de's or club race. In the West POC is pretty much the only game in town. SCCA is low on the scale for racing your Porsche. If anything you're at a disadvantage because of the way the car is classed.
In ax most PCA regions have there own set of rules for that region and they vary all over the place. Parade rules are specific but most regions don't use them because they don't have enough cars per class so half the field would be making solo runs for the win.
Demick
QUOTE(cavwpguy @ Apr 17 2003, 05:39 PM)
Demick or Andrew will beat the crap out of your times  <_<  <_<

Hey Rob

You are supposed to use great big happy faces when you write that!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.