Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - Any Mustang Guys out There??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TJB/914
Hey you Mustang Guys,

I need help in finding the value of this "Rare" 1964 Mustang Running Horse trim piece. It was taken out of FORD styling studio during the development of the Mustang. I got it from an employee working in styling who was supposed to destroy it. Top brass mgt. didn't like the running horse logo for whatever reason.

It's brass, chrome plated and very heavy. It has fine details & very beautiful.
I would trade it for something 914????

Tom, (Former Mustang & Early V/8 guy turned Porsche 914)
Andyrew
List it on ebay, but put a reserve for 10k biggrin.gif

I think you could find the value that way.

Dont have a clue on the value.
bondo
ooh, I have a mustang. What sort of 914 stuff were you thinking of trading it for? I have a handful of spare parts.

--Royce
TJB/914
Royce,
(2) 8"x16" Fuchs
Any V/8 or 6 conversion stuff. (Oil Tank, 911 Suspension, five lug stuff)
Front & Rear Chrome Bumper's (Mint)
Dash (mint)
You know the good stuff for my next project. I will add $$ if we make a deal or buy outright.
Tom
MattR
Im skeptical. Ford didnt make a mustang in 1964. I'll give you 20 bucks.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
TJB/914
Matt,

The first one's out were 1964-1/2 Mustangs. The Running Horse Logo were on the 1964 Styling Prototypes prior to comming out. The 1964-1/2 had the 260 cu. V/8's. The later one's had the 289's. Send me my 20 bucks.
Tom
TJB/914
Matt,
Forgot to say the first few Mustangs were titled 1964-1/2. They are very rare & only a few out there in Mustang land. A friend of mine worked at FORD at the time and had one. It was Poppy Red.
Tom
MattR
I know. My brother has a '65 coupe with a 289 and my aunt has a 67 convertable with a 289 as well. Im not a huge mustang buff, but I know some history. And I read Lee Iococa's auto biography. That has some really interesting mustang info and some great insight into the ford family.

That 20 bucks is sitting in a envelope when you send me that badge smile.gif.
Andyrew
Matt's saying its worth more...

Heck I'd buy it for 20.

Put it on ebay, along with whatever that slip of paper says about the badge.. I'd like to see how much it goes for.

My moms first car was a 64 1/2..

They arnt that rare, there just another year.

lol

Not quite as rare as a 69 914..

Andrew
bondo
Hmm, so no need for SS heat exchangers or a running 1.7?

The thing that makes me wonder about it's authenticity is the font looks like the one they used for the 70s mustang IIs. Sure it's not from 1974 instead of 1964? smile.gif

--Royce
bondo
Yup, looks like I was right.. Found a pic under the "other" section of the photo gallery on mustangii.net. It's the same design, but just of the horses. It's listed as a prototype design, but the date is more likey 1974. Probably still worth something, but not nearly as much as if it were from 1964.

Here is the link: http://www.mustangii.net/photo_template.as...horse_proto.jpg

--Royce
tod914
I was browsing through my AutoAtlanta catalog, and was the lucky sole who purchased the last scoup of rare nuts and bolts that was offered. Would you take that in trade?
TJB/914
Bondo,
You have a sharp eye thinking the running horse is from the 74 era. The piece is authentic, because I got it the year I was married (1965). I need to verify with a photo out of the FORD archives. I remember seeing a photo a long time ago & will try to find it before I put it on Ebay. You know it's worth more if everything is documented. I also need to look at the 74 running horse. A friend recently told me the horse positions are different than the 74 running horse's.
Anyway, it fun to research this kind of history.
Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.