Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boxster colors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ppickerell
So the wife is ready to make the plunge and buy her new Boxster. Must be new, "S", must be tiptronic. Cannot be Black or silver. Prefer in order:
Any green with tan or grey interior
Guards red with tan interior
Speed yellow with tan or grey
Lapis blue with tan or grey
white with grey

I found white with grey in LA, and Midnite blue with grey in LA. Anyone have any connections?
Ferg
Zanzibar red is the best color I've seen, it is special order, not sure what years, but for sure after 2000 only. has a metalic orangish look in the sun. it's stunning.
tat2dphreak
sorry, not a fan of that color "red" it looks like a paint job that faded in person, IMHO

too bad you don't like the black... I saw black with a dark red interior wub.gif

can't go wrong with guard's red though!

I'm not a fan of white cars, so I'm biased.
siverson
If you're buying new, why don't you just order exactly what you want?

-Steve
boxstr
Being a Boxster owner, 99 and BLACK,BLACK,BLACK and I like it.
I would highly recommend no, I would demand that you get a newer Boxster with the glass rear window. It will make your life so much easier.
You don't have to get out each time you put the top down and do the Boxster chop, pushing the plastic rear window in so that it won't crack or be deformed from sitting in the down position.
But then I have to admit, I don't see that many Boxsters with there tops down. In Oregon or California, so it may be a moot point.
Color, Meridian Gray, Seal Gray are two of the really nice paint schemes on the 986. I would look at personally the gray interior and the tan interiors. I personally like the look of the black. The gray and tan interiors have so many other colors, a darker gray or tan panel here and there. Reminds me of the Japanese car interiors.
CCLIN986FORUM
Part Pricer
Try this:

Porsche Visualizer
IronHillRestorations
I don't know if they still have Rain Forest Green, but that's the color of my '00 Boxster, and I think it's a great color for the car. I have to admit to being a fan of metallic green though, my '70 914-6 has the same color, with a tan interior too. I wish mine were an S, but I figure I'll probably end up doing to Boxsters what I do to 914's, put a 911 engine in it!

Black looks great on someone else's car, it's too hard to keep looking good. White is (IMHO) the most boring color you could paint a Porsche. Red is too expensive (paint a big target on it for the radar), but all the Porsche metallic reds look good, for me the guards red (or whatever they call it now) doesn't look right on the new Porsches. Silver is way to common for Boxsters, but all Porsches look good silver. My second choice was the Ocean Blue Metallic, but I couldn't find one at the time.

Your results may vary!

PK cool.gif
914 Network
grantsfo
Why a new Boxster? Boxster resale values are in the dumper. You're going to take a $10-15K depreciation hit when you walk off the showroom floor. Lots of nice low mileage Boxster Ss out there in the mid 30K range.

Yellow and Seal Gray are my favorite colors now.
Scott S
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jun 1 2004, 06:47 AM)
sorry, not a fan of that color "red" it looks like a paint job that faded in person, IMHO

You need to see that color in person - I was shocked at that car when it was at our local dealer - bay far the most beatiful Box I have ever seen.

I think your idea of a dark metallic green would be awesome as well - classy.

I like it when people go out on a limb a bit and vary from the usual black, red, white and silver - and that is coming fron a guy with a white car who wants a silver boxter....

Have any of you seen this months Excellence? A biege (yep - baby crap brown) 934 R Group car. I love it!
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Jun 1 2004, 01:55 PM)

You need to see that color in person - I was shocked at that car when it was at our local dealer - bay far the most beatiful Box I have ever seen.

I saw one driving yesterday and the day before, a girl in my neighborhood has one... I'm sorry, I don't like it... to each his own.

the green is sweet though
no one has mentioned the deep metallic blue either... (not sure the actual color name though)
Ferg
Hey, scott, I saw that baby poop brown turbo at montery last year, here it is from the show, it's really sweet,
peridotian
The little woman does not buy "used" cars, hates black and silver and does not want to wait 4 months for a special order. I used the visualizer and she knows what she wants. Searching the individual dealer database was time consuming because you can only due it within 500 miles of a specific zip code. Hoping to luck out and have someone say, "hey I saw the exact car at XXX delaership. I found a red S with tip and savannah beige interieor in New york. Will probably go with that and pay for shipping.
Ferg
Give it a few more days, I find it hard to believe that living in boxster capital of the world (CA) would have to get one out of NY for a red and tan s.
Scott S
Four months for a special order? That sure seems like short turn around. Impressive. I had a company called Pearl build my last drumset and it took 8 months - and thats just a 9 wood cylinders!

No Tat2 - youre wrong. You like that color! wink.gif biggrin.gif

I have seen a dark met blue with a blue top - it was awfully close to black.

Anyone have a link to the green?
Ferg
rainforest boxster, guy in the local pca has one, it's my second choice...
Rusty
Metallic Cobalt Blue (tan interior)... best colors on a Boxster I've ever seen. I liked it so much that... well, you know. Arena Red Metallic is my second choice - it's doesn't scream red, but rather purrs. (Was Arena Red a Boxster color or a 911 option?)

I've always felt that Guards Red was too common (and a bit to orangy for my taste). I like the way it was said, "Black looks good on someone else's car." I will never own another black car again - screw that.

Silver is this year's yellow, but always looks classy. These light metallic teals/sea-blues colors look like Buick paint to me, and I believe their popularity will fade in a few years. I think I've drifted into 914 color commentary. smile.gif

Not bitching, just MHO. Too much espresso this morning, me thinks.

-Rusty smoke.gif
grantsfo
You cant get Meridian anymore in new cars. I picked that color for my car in 2001. IPB Image
Hawktel
I don't like any of the new car colours they have for the Boxster.

For me, with a Boxsters understated styling I think you need to go flashy. Slut Red, Pimp Purple, Or Horny Green is what I'm talking.

If your going to go with one of them normal colours, You need some kind of effect kit, Like the Gemballa one, and sport exhaust. I've never seen a really large outragous flares on a boxster. Flared to put some serious wide rubber under it. And I'd yank the soft top. I'd get a option hard top, and I think all you need after that is a Cayanne V8 turbo

I'd trade big for a Viper Green 99+ boxster with some flares, and a stinger exhaust. With Ghost Flames down the side and up the hood. And the roll bar colour matched to the exterior. Or Maybe Signal Orange as a tribute to the 914.

But all that aside, I think you should go with Red.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.