Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1979 Type1 with 1700 miles on the clock
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > Ads: All Other Non-914 Stuff
Root_Werks
A very good friend of mine has decided to sell his 1979 tripple black Convertible Beetle he purchased new in 1979. It has an amazing 1,700 miles on the OD. He will likely ship it out of state to a specialized dealer to sell.

I don't have any pictures, but maybe I can get some.

I wanted to put this here to the 914 "family" before it goes out of state. I believe he will get an easy mid to upper 20's for it. He's going to start at $32k once he's finished cleaning it up etc.

If anyone would be seriuosly interested or knows of a true collector that would be interested, let me know. Might be a chance to score a true "Time capsule" before it goes to the auction block.

-Dan
Root_Werks
I don't normally do this, these pictures are not of the actual Beetle for sale, but this one is also a tripple black 1979 so they look exactly the same for those who are curious:

Root_Werks
Snagged these from thesamba.com

Root_Werks
My buddy and I bleed the brakes last weekend and popped the fuel gauge sender off to inspect the tank. It's been sitting for a few years since it's last drive. Luckily he filled the tank with AV fuel, everything looks very clean. It's been stored off the tires and up on blocks. Although when we aired up the 33 year old tires, they seaped air from pretty much everywhere. He sourced the best original duplicate tire and replaced all 5. I spent time under the car checking anything rubber, engine bay ect. Amazing how soft everything still is. It's always been stored in a garage with a pretty decent temp control.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.