Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlight Motor Still "Clicks" After Headlight is Raised
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sgh
Title says what I am experiencing. Turn the headlights on and the left motor continues to "click" (for lack of a better term). Does anyone have an idea of what is happening and how to solve the problem? Thanks.
ConeDodger
Must be out of adjustment. There are black knobs on mine that adjust the sweep of the headlight housing. Not exactly sure which way or how to adjust them but I am sure that is where you solution lies...
sgh
OK, still need some help here. I turned the black knob clockwise to get the headlight to cycle again. While turning the knob, I can get the headlight motor to stop clicking. When I turn the lights back on, the clicking starts again. I can hold that black knob on the back of the motor to get it to stop. I thought maybe the relay was the problem and switched it with the right side one. Problem still occured on left side only.

I can't get this to stop and am afraid to drive it with the lights on for fear of burning up the motor. Help!!
r_towle
CLose it.
Pull the arm off the motor and then cycle the headlight again by turning the headlights on, then off.
When off, put the linkage back on the motor properly.

Rich
SirAndy
This might help ...
http://www.914world.com/specs/headlight_adjustment.php

Also, remember that the screw in the back is NOT a stop for the headlight motor!
If it is adjusted too tight it will interfere with the operation of the mechanism. During troubleshooting, you should make sure that the screw does not touch the light fixture at all ...

smash.gif
sgh
Rich, I was thinking of doing that. I'll give it a try.

Andy, thanks for that link. I had read that already, but did not see how that applied to my issue. Plus this is for a 70 'six and has a different mechanism. My headlights cycle up and down fine and are positioned good. I have not touched the screw in the back only the black knob on the back of the motor.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.