Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Curvie, how's that oil leak?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hawk
Did the coat hanger and bubble gum fix work out? Thanks for letting us in on that little trick. My carbon monoxide buzz is wearing off about now. rolleyes.gif
Curvie Roadlover
Hey Hawk, thanks for asking. The repair is still holding. I re-enforced it with some kite string, a popsicle stick and some Elmers Glue. I just looked at the car about a 1/2 hour ago and no drips on the new filter. Thanks for stopping by. I'll see you at the sawzall party next weekend (if I don't see you at the shop before that)
Hawk
Great. 9am.
Bring HEAT. wink.gif
Brad Roberts
Tom,

The oil filter leaked before you picked the car up.. I found it loose and tightened it up.

What have you found ?? Did it come loose again ?? I put the death grip on it. (it was oily however)

B
Curvie Roadlover
I changes the filter shortly after I got back. I must have over-tightened it. When I started up the car ( a couple months later), it leaked like a bitch. Yesterday, we took it off and found the seal was warped. It was a mahle, if that means anything. I went to FLAPS and bought a Pulolator filter ($2.99 on sale smile.gif ) and put it on hand tight, fired 'er up and no leaks - whew!
Brad Roberts
Weird.

I have used Mahle filters for several years.

OK. Just checking, wanted to make sure one of my children wasnt sick.

B
Curvie Roadlover
Thanks for your concern, Dad wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.