Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seats???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jporsche914
My stock 1972 seats have givin up. They are hard and torn up. I was wondering if there are any seats out there that will fit in the 914 with the stock backpad? I know that renegade hybrid makes a seat. How much do they cost?? Does anyone have these seat that could show me pictures of them in your car. I dont know of all the seat avalible so if you guys could help me pick the seat for my car that would be awsome. I still want it to fit like stock but i want taller bolsters to keep me snug in the seat.
Thanks
jim912928
I have a set of Konig sport seats made especially for the 914. The headrest is the exact same shape as the 914 headrest and looks stock from the back of the car. Deep side bolsters so you really stay snug. They don't make them anymore but they come up for sale from time to time (bought mine...mint from here about 4 mos ago). Maybe someone out there has another set for sale?
Rocky
I have a pair of Corbeau seats in mine. They fit using the stock brackets. The larger bolsters hold you in better but getting in and out is a pain. I think mine is called the classic II. Look at corbeau.com and you can call them to verify fit. beer.gif

Tim
neo914-6
I've heard (didn't see) of a Recaro for 914. I've seen Momo's in one. There's some OMG seats in the 914 featured in Excellence. It looked like the owner left out the rear pad though. The Scheels were made to fit the pad but aren't easy to find nor inexpensive. You can check the Renegade site for the modified 914 seat, I believe pricing is near $400 each and you need to ship them the cores.
Felix
lapuwali
You might also look into having your stock seats re-upholstered. New foam and whatever covering you want and can afford. This is an often overlooked avenue, and sometimes cheaper than buying aftermarket seats.
JmuRiz
You might also look into having your stock seats re-upholstered

I'd have to agree with Felix and lapuwali...unless you want something that's totally out there and wild I'd just send them to Renegade for their Touring bolsters. I was lucky enough to find the Konig seats for sale locally and I got then...I'm also lucky enough to fit in them (they are a snug seat).
Joe Ricard
Yes I have a Recaro SRD. Does give great support as evidence by my marthon drive home. 3399 miles in 3 days.

However!!!!! The parking brake handle does not fit. the seat does not fit into the back pad all the way. Not that I could reach the pedal from that distance anyway. No way will it fit the passenger side back pad. I am using the stock early passenger seat.

I did have Corbeau Forza's in the 74. Parking brake fit nicely. Did not have a back pad then so don't know about that. My skinny ass still had a tough time getting out. One leg then brace against door ledge press ass out and kinda mombo under the wheel. then stand up you feel 7 ft tall.
neo914-6
Forgot to mention I had shoehorned a Scheel Mann seat with flimsy L brackets in my car until Brad replaced it with a stock seat laugh.gif My next ones will probably be Renegade.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.