Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rent-a-914 comes to the rescue for the WCC !!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Well, it looks like I won't be able to get my 914 ready for the WCC....my backup car would be fun to drive down to Monterey and auto-x in, but the event is for 914's so the 3.6 911 (with a/c smile.gif ) will stay at home and instead, I'll be driving a 914 graciously on loan to me from Mike Rose smilie_pokal.gif
SirAndy
did he make you sign a "i will NOT tinker with it" release?

laugh.gif Andy
fiid
<movie trailer voice>

Can Mueller leave the car alone for 2 days?

Will it have different FI and suspension components on Friday?

Will it still run on Friday??

Stay tuned to find out :-)

</movie trailer voice>

lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif
AZ914
aktion035.gif

Very cool.. Looks like a nice loaner! Props to Mike Rose. I can't believe I'm missing the WCC... headbang.gif
Mueller
yea, it is tempting to put these on it smile.gif
mikerose
yea, it is tempting to put these on it Mueller fighting19.gif fighting19.gif fighting19.gif fighting19.gif fighting19.gif fighting19.gif fighting19.gif fighting19.gif fighting19.gif fighting19.gif fighting19.gif fighting19.gif DIE,DIE

Mike
Elliot_Cannon
Hi Mike,
I like those wheels so much I ordered a set of 17s. Can you tell me how much they weigh? I forgot to ask when I ordered. Duh!
Cheers, Elliot
Mueller
uh oh, I got busted, I thought Mike would be out of town and away from a computer before I started to "play" with his car, laugh.gif

1 big problem with me borrowing your car Mike: Sherryl keeps asking if my 914 is going to be as nice as yours????
mikerose
fighting19.gif fighting19.gif fighting19.gif fighting19.gif fighting19.gif
Mueller
according to our digital shipping scale: 22.5 pounds......

not too bad for a 17x7 wheel, the finish is top notch, cannot wait to mount these puppies biggrin.gif
mikerose
So mike, did you drive my car to work today?
Mueller
nope....I had to report to jury duty in Martinez this morning and didn't want to park your car out in the street......glad I took the Volvo today, it took me over an hour to go 23 miles to Martinez just for them to tell me that I was not needed, then I sat in traffic for another hour to get to work sad.gif

your car ran great, I did experiance some hot starting problems once I got home and had to restart it after showing the car off to the in-laws.

do you mind if I bleed the brakes?
mikerose

Sure. biggrin.gif

Mike
Demick
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 2 2004, 11:51 AM)

Ahhh, it all starts so innocently doesn't it. Can I bleed the brakes? What size is this Master Cylinder - oh, 17mm. Well, we ought to swap that out for a 19mm unit. That will be quick and easy. Maybe change out the porportioning valve for a 'T' while I'm at it. And by the way, the brake pedal felt a little rough - maybe the pedal cluster needs rebuilding with some bronze bushings. And as long as I'm at it.......... Before you know it, out comes the plasma cutter...... smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif

Demick
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.