Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.5 lb fire extinguisher
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914 shifter
how about some mounting pics. i think i will mount in front of passenger seat.
any suggestions ? shades.gif i have extinguisher and metal bracket.
tomeric914
Take the center tray and/or cushion out. Mount it between the seats where you can get at it in a hurry.

Click to view attachment
montoya 73 2.0
"iamchappy" has a good mounting system.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
nsr-jamie
I like that one from "I am Chappy" I was kind of thinking about doing something like that too myself with some scrap alluminum from work...and it looks like you can still adjust your seat too if needed....sounds like a good project.
iamchappy
Here are some more angle shots of it for you guys to look at. And yes the seat adjuster is still usable.
montoya 73 2.0
Hey Chappy, Ever thought of making a few for sale? I'd buy one or two!
iamchappy
No way, i cut that out of a thick piece of U- channel with a jig and a hack saw.......
It was a piece left over from a handrail that i used for a staircase....

The CNC and waterjet guys are the ones that need to knock them out...
montoya 73 2.0
Do you have some dimensions? I'm thinking a angle piece of aluminum.
Cupomeat
I usually buy it a nice dinner, then a few drinks, then maybe some dancing. grouphug.gif

I find that if I take it nice and slow, it really is easy to accomplish... humpy.gif
lol-2.gif

nsr-jamie
I honestly think I could make one, I have access to all the machines to do it...all I would need is some kind of material like alluminum to work with and than a fire extinguisher to use as a model piece. I made my license plate holder at work on my lunch breaks from a piece of scrap alluminum I found in the garbage. Eventually when I save up enough to buy an extinguisher I plan to make my own bracket, but it could be a while. If somebody wants to send me one to Japan here I would make one for you for free

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.