Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '71 GT for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
type47
If this is posted in the wrong section, please move it but I wanted to share that I saw a "real" GT for sale in May 2011 Porsche Panorama that I received yesterday (pg 101). No affiliation. VIN 9141430332 which is listed w/ a pic in the members VIN section. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ bring kidneys.....
carr914
Not on pca.org yet
gms
Car has great race history, IMSA GT champion in 1977
JKW
QUOTE(gms @ May 20 2011, 04:40 PM) *

Car has great race history, IMSA GT champion in 1977

Can someone please post the ad here?
URY914
This car was in Florida for a long time. It maybe in NC now.
nsr-jamie
How much is that going for?
type47
"factory built race car ... 1977 GTU champion..."

are you ready for this?

$

$$

$$$

$625,000

I looked twice to check the price and the car is located in FL.
Pat Garvey
Just lost interest.
Kraftwerk
hmmm, what does a 904 cost?

Anyway, I am still interested, buying a lottery ticket tomorrow.
carr914
Yes, Claus has owned it quite a while and it is in Florida. $625k is awfully strong, but you have to start somewhere - it's out of the range of us CSOB's anyway biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
Gustl
this price is ridicolous - it's about twise of the maximum every other 914-6 GT or even 916 sold until now
even the Werks-Rallycar from the '71 Monte Carlo was about the half price

don't get me wrong - this is an absolutely awsome car
it's restored to the configuration of its biggest victories, but it's far from the original configuration

in my opinion, US$ 300k would be more than enaugh ...

just my 2 cent
URY914
$175k is my last offer.
URY914
I've seen this car twice in person. First time was about 1989 at a PCA autocross at Sebring. I have pics of it then. Last time was at Rennsport III. It has not been run regularly in vintage events or displayed. I won't say it is "restored".
type47
Well, my wife told me to sell one of my 914's so I said I'd list it. At $40,000, no one bit so, darn, I guess I'll have to just keep it. Claus is just a clever man... biggrin.gif
Towarish
Didn´t George H.ask 500K for his 916 last year. If he sells thisone and his blue M-471 he could afford Claus´ real GT with M-491 package !
gms
QUOTE(Gustl @ May 22 2011, 09:39 AM) *

this price is ridicolous - it's about twise of the maximum every other 914-6 GT or even 916 sold until now
even the Werks-Rallycar from the '71 Monte Carlo was about the half price

don't get me wrong - this is an absolutely awsome car
it's restored to the configuration of its biggest victories, but it's far from the original configuration

in my opinion, US$ 300k would be more than enaugh ...

just my 2 cent

914.143.0332 is ready to race in pretty much the same configuration as it was in 1977 where it won the IMSA GT championship.

He might sell you 914.143.0178 (One of only 3 raced at Le Mans) for $300K but it need a full restoration.
carr914
Why did this get moved to the Classifieds? This is more of a discussion issue the way I see it of a Historic Teener

T.C.
bcheney
TC...is this Klaus Mueller? I used to autocross with he and his brother when I was in school at UF back in the mid 80's...I've wondered whatever happened to him. I knew him to be a nice guy who loved Porsche.
carr914
Yes, It is Claus Mueller, he's down in Port St Lucie
Andyrew
Isnt this the one with the video of it running an autox through streets of CA back in the 80's?
sixaddict
This car started my love affair with 914s....so maybe it is Diablo ! Maas ran a red 914-6 in GGR DEs for kicks. My Ex used to say ..." how can this grandfatherly looking guy be so fast " ! beerchug.gif

QUOTE(carr914 @ May 24 2011, 04:53 AM) *

Yes, It is Claus Mueller, he's down in Port St Lucie

URY914
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 24 2011, 11:32 AM) *

Isnt this the one with the video of it running an autox through streets of CA back in the 80's?

You mean this one....

Click to view attachment
sww914
I looked at a boat for sale last year and the first thing the owner said was "this is not a distress sale". He later added that his wife told him he must sell the boat and that he did not want to sell it at all. He had it listed at $99,500. I figure it was worth $20,000 $30,000 in it's condition at that time. It was deteriorating fast and had almost reached the tipping point of not worth fixing anymore.
I could just hear him explaining to his wife that the market is really bad, sorry honey, it's just not selling.
FourBlades

I'd consider buying it if I didn't already have an IMSA GTU car. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I would consider serious offers for mine for only $620K.

John

URY914
My car has been to a lot of IMSA races. My asking price is $100,000 as a roller. biggrin.gif
Gustl
QUOTE(URY914 @ May 22 2011, 04:15 PM) *

I won't say it is "restored".

so ... how would you call it blink.gif idea.gif

check out the history of this car on "Racing Sports Cars"

especially the time after 1977 ... late 70ies up to mid-80ies

and check out the front part - it's significant different from the 1977 season:

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

sunglasses.gif Gustl
Gustl
btw - here's a scan of the sales ad:

URY914
QUOTE(Gustl @ May 26 2011, 10:00 AM) *

QUOTE(URY914 @ May 22 2011, 04:15 PM) *

I won't say it is "restored".

so ... how would you call it blink.gif idea.gif

check out the history of this car on [color=#FF0000][url=http://www.racingsportscars.com/chassis/archive/914%20143%

sunglasses.gif Gustl

So they re-installed the the bodywork to the 1977 style and repainted it to the same as 1977. Does that make it restored? confused24.gif
gms
QUOTE(URY914 @ May 24 2011, 01:46 PM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 24 2011, 11:32 AM) *

You mean this one....

Click to view attachment

Is is a different car, Walt made it after he sold the black car, it is also for sale like $50K it was primarily SCCA
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.