Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: An Alien Update
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
krk
Folks,

Just got off the phone with Rich. He's at Renegade in Vegas. (where else would you take the alien for full appreciation???? He spoke very highly of the renengade folk -- tools lending and fixing was occurring while we were on the phone) Trip is going well. He expects to arrive in the south bay tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Can you feel it yet? I can.

(Jeff, I picked up piles of US bucks in odd denominations for envelope stuffing --- you'll get 'em tomorrow sometime)

kim.
Malmz
With all these cross country driving stories, I feel like a wuss for trailering Jay's car 6 hours north on Thursday instead of driving it...

Oh well, I'll try to suffer as my a$$ is cooled in the air conditioned seats of wifiees SUV... biggrin.gif Also looks like I'm hauling an engine up north for Mikie, so the trailer is necessary.

Anybody know if there is trailer parking at or around the Pruneyard?

sm
Carl
Hi Steve,
I don't think there is dedicated trailer storage around the Pruneyard.

How long is it and is it a flatbed or covered? There should be space for it provided it fits in a parking stall. If not, we'll have to look elsewhere but I'm sure we can find a place pretty close by.

C
skline
Yeah, that is a good question, I will be hauling a trailer as well.
krk
Steve,

I think Carl's right. The Pruneyard is basically a mall (a small one, but a mall none the less) with a hotel at the north end. So I'd bet you can get away with parking modest size trailers at the hotel end. (the hotel may have more info, fwiw). Past that, Carl's right again -- we can likely find space not too too far away. Hm. I said "Carl's right" twice in one post. Must be gittn' old. (heh)

kim.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(skline @ Jun 1 2004, 09:47 PM)
Yeah, that is a good question, I will be hauling a trailer as well.

Me too.

I just got off the phone with Rich. He is heading out of Vegas tomorrow morning. He said his new paint job is taking a beating on the trip. He want to get to the San Jose area and buff it our. He got to do a few more test miles on The Alien while he was in town. He found a few minor problems. With all that we have seen him accomplish in such a short time to get the car together, I am sure he can find and fix the problems.
Jenny
QUOTE(krk @ Jun 1 2004, 10:15 PM)
Can you feel it yet?

Yes I can! All the way from Brad's shop home tonight in my 914!! Tonight's crew was Birgit, Brad, Jeff K, and Jeroen. Thank you all so much. pray.gif Tears of joy were rolling down my cheeks as I was parallel parking and setting off car alarms. biggrin.gif

Jen
krk
QUOTE(Jenny @ Jun 1 2004, 11:29 PM)
QUOTE(krk @ Jun 1 2004, 10:15 PM)
Can you feel it yet?

Yes I can! All the way from Brad's shop home tonight in my 914!! Tonight's crew was Birgit, Brad, Jeff K, and Jeroen. Thank you all so much. pray.gif Tears of joy were rolling down my cheeks as I was parallel parking and setting off car alarms. biggrin.gif

Jen

I swear -- it done sneaked up on me! It's days away and it's all heading *here*.

Jen, I look forward to seeing your new *SILVER* ride! (heh)

Only days to go. You have the official "nod" to "panic now." laugh.gif

kim.
Malmz
QUOTE(Carl @ Jun 1 2004, 09:47 PM)
Hi Steve,
I don't think there is dedicated trailer storage around the Pruneyard.

How long is it and is it a flatbed or covered? There should be space for it provided it fits in a parking stall. If not, we'll have to look elsewhere but I'm sure we can find a place pretty close by.

C

20 foot box, about 24' overall, enclosed... This is gonna be fun! I do have a good tongue lock for it.

sm
Carl
20 foot box, about 24' overall, enclosed... This is gonna be fun! I do have a good tongue lock for it.

There is a lot at the Pruneyard where the diagonal stalls face each other "nose to nose" without the concrete wheel blocks. The only problem is that this lot is in high demand during the day so the hotel may be reluctant to have trailers park there.

I'll make a call or two to see if we can find a spot off site.
jonwatts
It might be easier to locate trailer parking near Parts Heaven since it's slightly less urban and is the departure point on Sunday.
Carl
Good idea, Jon. However, those with trailers will have to make a run between PartsHeaven and the Pruneyard one way or another.

I don't have any connections to get a relatively safe site in Hayward but there is a place not far from the Pruneyard where we can park some trailers and it's out of view. The trailers should be safe there.

Any other thoughts on locations?
Mueller
I keep my trailer and Brads trailer behind my work in Fremont right off of 880 near the Mission Blvd exit, I'd guess it's about in the half-way mark between Prunyard and Hayward.
Carl
Hi Mike,
Do you have room for more if some of the WCC folks want to park there?
Mueller
Yep, a few 18 wheelers could park in the back lot...I've never had any problems...but then again my trailer is an open trailer. I've left my cars here over night a few times with no issues.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.