Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: louver material
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
machina
I need to find or make some louver material for an air outlet, kinda like this one but with straight fins and smaller divisions, like .5" each slat.

anyone know where I can find some material like this already made.

actually the grille on our old sub-zero fridge would be perfect but if I start parting out the kitchen, I might get in trouble.

thanks,
dr
seanery
the first places I would check might be
Hoerr Racing
Pegasus Racing

If neither of those have them, then maybe they can point you in the right direction.
JmuRiz
Wouldn't it be easier to talk with a hotrod shop and maybe use one of their punches to put louvers in, instead of cutting and welding in a patch? Just a suggestion...unless it's f'glass we are talking about.
maf914
I don't remember the name, but one of the club members has a very pretty monochromatic white 914 with louvers in the rear of the side rocker panels. Perhaps he could offer some info about louver stamping?
seanery
that is Kargeek's car.
John Kelly
If you have a local sheet metal shop, they probably do louvers on occasion. or you can make your own by hand (a bit difficult) Williams low buck tools sells a louver die set for their beader machine as well...not as well defined as a stamped louver:

http://www.lowbucktools.com/louver.html

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
RON S.
Take your shape to a local fab shop.
I made my cover for the oil cooler opening under my car.I had the louvers punched.It took about all of 10 minutes.
Go thru the phone book and call around,some fab fab can do it.

Ron
Kargeek
A local company called Sir Michaels here in socal did my louvers. That was 20 years ago! Depending on what you want done, you can send them the part or they can punch the size and width into a specified size of sheet metal. They are still in business- primarily producing custom truck parts. You might want to call them and see what they can do. Or, like what others mentioned- shop the hot rod, custom metal fab shops. Dave H

Sir Michaels
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.