Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thank you Demick
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
StratPlayer
Just wanted to thank Demick for the thread on the 3rd brake light. Finally got it installed, works just fine and doesn't hinder my view from the rear view mirror. Great idea thanks again biggrin.gif beer.gif
StratPlayer
next one
Gint
Looks pretty good! I might have to find that thread.
Porsche Rescue
Looks great. Is that the mid-90's GM SUV light? Can you be a little more specific as to type and source. Wrecking yard? I want to add one too.
StratPlayer
Yes your right it is a GMC light,, I posted a thread on here that gives a guys phone # where you can get this brake light, the cost was around 21 bucks if I remember right. I no longer have his number so I hope you can find the thread I started about this.. Thread was called 3rd brake light. Hope this helps.
MarkV
Looks just like the light on the roof of my 98 Suburban. MDB2.gif
Mark Henry
Demick is the 914 wiring Guru pray.gif

My fog lights work perfect thanks to Demick "he de-man"!
StratPlayer
Ok heres the thread that I found that I used to do the 3rd brake light
http://members.rennlist.com/demick/thirdbrake.html

What I did was call Pilot Automotive and they gave me a number for someone to call that could sell me that light. beerchug.gif
GWN7
Cool....I was wondering what I was going to use for ice racing. Local sports car club rules state that a car must have a third brake light. beerchug.gif
Demick
Hey Stratplayer

Glad the installation went well. You originally posted the info on where to get the light on the Pelican list. Here is what you said:

>Seems the bar he used for his 3rd brake light is a bit hard to find, but I've found a guy who has them the price is $21.90 >shipping is about $8.00. I asked him if it would be ok to give out his phone # so people who are looking to use the same bar >can get them.
>
>Hoping this ok to post here, the guy who has them phone is
>949-651-6479 ask for Robert and should be able to take care of you if you want the same bar used on this thread.
>
>BTW part # for this led bar is WE6-198

I have also been notified that there is a place online where they are available, but for more money:

http://www.trucknvans.com/bulbs/ledbulb.htm

The place that I originally got mine from was the worst online/mail order shopping experience I have ever had! They are now out of business. Go figure.

Demick
'74 2.0
jridder
Time to resurrect this. I think that StratPlayer (note that I'm a Gibson SG man myself but I don't hold that against him) did a nice job. However, my rearward vision is already impaired by the rolll bar. If the bar was very very thin it might work (1/4" or so). I suppose the light could be mounted on top of the engine cover (like they suggested on the web site) but 914's are so low you really need the light as high as possible.

One option is to find one that mounts flush to the back of the aluminum trim. Of course I want it to blend in so I think I'll need to make one out of aluminum and just drill a bunch of holes to mount the LED's in a row. If anyone knows of one like this let me know. Otherwise I'll update when I get around to to making it (though I've still got a few things higher on the priority list).

Jonathan
Demick
Wow Jonathan, you sure dug up an old thread.

Rear view visibility is not a problem with this light. As I said on the web page write-up, the targa bar interior bolster hangs lower than anything else. So you can actually fit a 3/4" high object under the targa bar without impacting your view out the rear window. So unless your car does not have the interior bolster, this light will not interfere with your rearward vision.

Demick
jridder
>As I said on the web page write-up

pray.gif I obviously didn't read very thoroughly. However, I really need to do something to get my rearward vision improved and maybe removing the pad is the way to go.

Jonathan
redshift
I tilt my RV mirror so I can see a path behind me, and the right side blind spot, I always trun my head around like Linda Blair before doing anything foolish..

Path checked, foolishness begins.

M
ThinAir
QUOTE(Demick @ Apr 18 2003, 07:19 AM)

At this site is it the one called "Exterior LED Brake Light *SAE Approved $39.95ea"?
jridder
Here's a place that has it for $10 less ($40 with shipping versus about $50) - http://www.flipflopled.com/3rd_brake_lights.htm . They've got a bunch of others that I'm just starting to check out now.
Demick
[quote=ErnieDV,Dec 9 2003, 07:45 PM] [/QUOTE]
At this site is it the one called "Exterior LED Brake Light *SAE Approved $39.95ea"? [/quote]
Yes, that is the one.

And jridders pointer looks to be a little cheaper.

Demick
maf914
The Linda Blair head turn is a nice image!

barf.gif Pretend its green!

Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.