Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TWO notches in rear valance?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
RFoulds
Last time I saw the car on the lift, I was checking out the new OE exhaust and noticed the rigght side of the rear valance was also notched.

Was there a factory reason for this, or did a PO modify it?

Tom_T
PO did it. Factory was either porthole early (70-72) or L notched (73-76)
RFoulds
QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 20 2011, 12:43 PM) *

I was afraid of that. Can't let that go. I am gonna have to replace it.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(RFoulds @ May 20 2011, 02:33 PM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 20 2011, 12:43 PM) *

I was afraid of that. Can't let that go. I am gonna have to replace it.

What year is your 914? Is it a four or six? Makes a big difference in finding the proper rear valence.

If it's a four, and your 914 is a pre-73, you'll need the porthole variety - rare & expensive! If it's a six, you'll need the prthole variety, and it's way different from the four version. Even more expensive to buy!

If it's a 73 or later you can/should use the short version. Half porthole, with it open on the bottom. Either should be "shutz'd" and painted in satin black.

Should you need the later version, and are willing to spend some money, I have a perfect later version valence. Don't need it anymore, since I have the snowplow which is fully restored.
I will be offering this valence on the Mart section soon. All teeners will have a chance at it there.
Pat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.