Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mongo like candy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
For those of you who follow such things, my car did not make it to Hershey last month. I got it all together with a day to spare, took it or a test drive, and it was a total dog. Clearly running on three. I was stressed (just lost my grandfather and started a new job) so I made the executive decision not to give a fuch, drive my honduh to the event and drink and have a party.

Which I did.

Excessively.

Some of you may also remember that while I was fixing the car, I did a compression test, and the tester got stuck in the cylinder. I did surgery, and things were fine a few days later. Or maybe not so much.

I had an evening to dig into my car. One of my plugs looked... weird. Figured I had cross threaded it, and that was the cause of the dead cylinder.

Not so much. Check THIS out.

IPB Image

Oh yeah, I rock so hard it hurts sometimes.

Zach
VaccaRabite
Ruined a brand new, hard to find (impossible to find locally) NKG b5es spark plug to.

Aaaaaaaaaamazon! To the rescue!

But, I did get the rest of the compression tester out of the cylinder...

Zach
Dr Evil
av-943.gif

That spark has to travel a LOOOOOONG way smile.gif

You drop compression as well. Dumb ass rolleyes.gif

Thanks for sharing so we may point and ridicule biggrin.gif I am sure I will have something to compete in the near future.
Dr Evil
Oh ya, people like you should have to be licensed to use a 13mm wrench poke.gif
VaccaRabite
Ah well. I live my life as an example to others...
Even the idiots occasionally prove useful.

I need more beer right now.
Zach
Jakeodoule
Awesome!
BTW you can get those plugs at most any good bike shop.
strawman
Cheers! beerchug.gif You and me are brothers from different Mothers!!! I just installed the oil pump on my Suby motor and realized that I didn't install the special order O-ring. Of course, it woulda been handy to realize that before I also installed the new water pump. headbang.gif D'oh!!!
hot_shoe914
O'Reilly's carries the NGK plug and also lawnmower shops.
scotty b
huh.gif chair.gif chair.gif chair.gif chair.gif chair.gif chair.gif chair.gif chair.gif chair.gif chair.gif chair.gif chair.gif chair.gif chair.gif chair.gif
zymurgist
Ah well. We're all entitled to a few dumbass moments. The trick is not making the same mistake a second time.
rick 918-S
Man you musta been someplace else when you did that. Glad it worked out.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ May 20 2011, 09:19 PM) *

Ruined a brand new, hard to find (impossible to find locally) NKG b5es spark plug to.

Aaaaaaaaaamazon! To the rescue!

But, I did get the rest of the compression tester out of the cylinder...

Zach

Everyone is being really hard on you! Evil is just plain brutal!

Have a sixpack & fart in the direction of Washington, Pa! No, he'd like that!
jsayre914
biggrin.gif av-943.gif laugh.gif lol-2.gif

Im laughin with you brother....

My latest smoke.gif moment was when I adjusted the valves... put the valve covers in the garage while I had a snack... came back outside fired it up and tried to pull out of the driveway huh.gif

Man did it run like sh@#$

So I assume you took the 914 to work today
popcorn[1].gif rolleyes.gif
VaccaRabite
Funny man, Joe. Funny man.

I have not had time to get to the garage since Friday night.

But I did get the old Eurorace header off, the SSI's cleaned up, the carbs off and Chris's cable carb linkage is ready to go on.

If I can get a solid weekend, it should be driving again. Otherwise, its going to take several tired friday evenings and maybe a saturday mixed in there somewhere (if I can find the saturday...)

For once I think I actually have all the parts I need to do the job, excepting time.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.