Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Original six oil lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
xsurfer
It appears that my oil leak is between the oil line (orig.) and it's fitting. 80k mile car sat for years from PO. Is there a source for metric hose, or a sealer recommendation. Trying to stay orig. The new lines are crimped, ugly! I really like the looks of of the old fittings.

Additionally I've been told you have to machine the turbo valve covers to get them off. Mine were not so I guess I need to pull the engine.

Thanks

Gene
mepstein
There are probably a couple sources but I got mine at AA. Tried pelican but they didn't hav most of the hoses.
xsurfer
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 21 2011, 09:49 AM) *

There are probably a couple sources but I got mine at AA. Tried pelican but they didn't hav most of the hoses.

Mark,
Did you get new hoses or new hose? I'm looking for new hose as all the new lines come with the crimped ends.

Someone said you had a six clutch cable that might be for sale, let me know if it is.

Thanks

Gene
mepstein
QUOTE(xsurfer @ May 21 2011, 01:32 PM) *

Mark,
Did you get new hoses or new hose? I'm looking for new hose as all the new lines come with the crimped ends.

Someone said you had a six clutch cable that might be for sale, let me know if it is.

Thanks

Gene

3 new oem hoses with crimped ends. ~$75-85 each.
??? I don't have a 6 clutch cable.
rgalla9146
Hi
I know this is an old topic but you don't have to buy new hoses.
Your original hoses are rebuildable.
The original aluminum ends can be installed on replacement hose supplied by Stoddard.
And best of all you can do it yourself. They thread apart.
I've done it.
If you still need to do something with your hoses contact me I'm ready to explain.
Rory rgalla9146@aol.com or 201 291 7994
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 21 2011, 05:51 PM) *

QUOTE(xsurfer @ May 21 2011, 01:32 PM) *

Mark,

Thanks

Gene

3 new oem hoses with crimped ends. ~$75-85 each.
??? I don't have a 6 clutch cable.

The someone was me. I mentioned in another thread that I'd left a /6 Terry clutch cable with you at Hershey this year. Mightta got lost in the shuffle...

Just wanted to clear up any confusion.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.