Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paint paint paint
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MattR
Im looking at spraying a pair of 914s in dark seal grey, the new porsche factory color. Does anyone know how much paint is required to do the whole car (inc. engine bay and trunks)? Does anyone have the paint code for this color? And is there a good (cheap) paint source to get PPG 2 stage in this color anyone can reccomend? Thanks in advance.
Carrera916
I don't know of a cheap source or place to buy the PPG product....they're never cheap but damn good paint....especially the polyurethane based....

If you're going to paint the base/clear coat set up, you could probably get a way with one gallon of gray paint to do both cars as it needs to be reduced 1 1/2 times so that generally gives you a bit over 2 gallons of gray paint. However, you'll need to buy two gallons of clear coat paint which is NOT cheap at all plus the reactive reducers...

It's the labor itelf that would blow the overall cost itself....the preparation work, body work etc can be very time consuming....

I get my stuff from Hayward Color in Hayward, CA...I rarely worry about the cost as I'm an auto body instructor at a school where cost are usually on the car owner's head....not mine...grin!

hope this helps...
jerry
djm914-6
Just make sure you sray them on the inside of the body. That way the paint won't flake off if you hit something. biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
were thinkin of going the los panchos painting route in mexico. supply the paint(s) and a stripped car
MattR
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Jun 3 2004, 08:50 AM)
That way the paint won't flake off if you hit something. biggrin.gif

Ive never crashed in my life wink.gif

Thanks for the tips Carrera 916! Anyone else have info on prices? or paint codes?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.