Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Extra pics of the 1973 2.0L Signal Orange
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxsterfan
I have some closeups of the battery tray and under the longs. Hope this attaches the image...
boxsterfan
more
boxsterfan
more
boxsterfan
So, has this car been POR-15'd underneath? Looks like the "hell hole" needs some work.

Is this car worth the current price on ebay (around $7300)?

Thanks,
MattR
It looks like a lot of rust for a car that has "No rust ever!" I would be wary, especially for that much. 7600 should bring a pristine 73 2.0. Those pictures are pretty far from pristine. And I would question a dishonest seller too - there is clearly rust on that car if its the item Im looking at.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...2480032687&rd=1
Chris H.
"Houston, we have a problem"

Is the white stuff what I think it is? Battery acid residue? The underside should not be black like that. What is the hose hanging down?

It doesn't look THAT bad, but it's not a $9K plus car IMHO. Bummer. I was a big fan at first.
MarkV
It's a shame that people people install $29.00 batteries in these cars. Even before Optima batteries were around you could buy sealed Delco batteries or use a battery mat.

Looks to me like the current damage is fairly recent and could still be cleaned up. That is probably what the hell hole in my car looked like 20 years ago.
boxsterfan
I was thinking that this car looks like it has had a recent re-spray of paint and some POR-15 underneath.

I kind of agree that $7000+ is too much, but glad to here other people's opinions. If it doesn't sell, I'll offer them $5000. cool.gif
vortrex
hmm, was this car once yellow? you can see at least two spots with yellow paint showing through. even if it's not a color change you can bet there was a repaint in the engine bay with the battery hold down bolt being orange. also, what is the hole in the floor or am I seeing things?
boxsterfan
Uggggghhhh!! That does look like a hole in the floor! Dealer has it on the lot for $9995. Reserve on ebay will most likely be "close" to that. I am starting to think it is worth about $3000 max.

...and not a fan of color changes, but to each his/her own.
MattR
I would expect a dealer to have a 914 for about 10 grand. Most people dont know what they're looking at. As far as they know its a cheap classic Porsche (pronounced porshhh). They have no idea the resale value or that the car is a rust bucket. Its dishonest, but hey, thats how some people make a living wacko.gif
SpecialK
Oh man!! don't get me going on the "no rust" 914's fighting19.gif
Levi
Wow what a tough crowd, laugh.gif
beerchug.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Levi @ Jun 2 2004, 07:05 PM)
Wow what a tough crowd,  :lol:
beerchug.gif

i know. i will never be able to sell my car on ebay or anywhere near someone that belongs to this board. which is just about nowhere. so i guess i will own my 914 for life.......... biggrin.gif
MarkV
So, it sold for $10,650.00. Maybe our POS cars are starting to gain some value. Or maybe the car is nicer than the photos.

I have less of a problem with the minor hell hole rust than I do with that nasty undercoating.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(MarkV @ Jun 3 2004, 05:29 PM)
So, it sold for $10,650.00. Maybe our POS cars are starting to gain some value.

clap56.gif
vortrex
QUOTE(MarkV @ Jun 3 2004, 05:29 PM)
So, it sold for $10,650.00.

LOL.

something tells me this deal won't happen.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.