Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Chrome Bumpers SOLD!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
paws4862
I got those bumpers chromed. Here are some pictures as you can see I'm not a photographer this is the best I can do. They are $1000 each plus UPS packaging and shipping they look great .
I know they are expensive but I bought them and had them chromed sorry. If you want more pict. let me know.
Thanks Fred
paws4862
more bumper pictures
paws4862
two more
Mr.242
Thanks for NOT being naked as you took the picture, Nice chrome and it's like a mirror. dry.gif
paws4862
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ May 21 2011, 10:52 PM) *

Thanks for NOT being naked as you took the picture, Nice chrome and it's like a mirror. dry.gif

I'm to old to be naked in any picture,these guys did a great job on them, I have one from another car that looks like an ocean wave comming in
paws4862
QUOTE(paws4862 @ May 21 2011, 05:50 PM) *

I got those bumpers chromed. Here are some pictures as you can see I'm not a photographer this is the best I can do. They are $1000 each plus UPS packaging and shipping they look great .
I know they are expensive but I bought them and had them chromed sorry. If you want more pict. let me know.
Thanks Fred

O.K interested in what you guys think is a fair price?
Tom_T
QUOTE(paws4862 @ May 25 2011, 03:31 PM) *

Thanks Fred

IMHO at that price they'd have to be a CW's wet dream 10/10 with absolutely no blemishes, done by a super reputable & well known chrome shop in the classic car concours resto biz, and heavily triple chromed. That can only be judged in person & by knowing the chrome shop & their other work, and what they charged you for the job (as that will reflect how much time & effort they put into them). I've gotten local SoCal quotes from a top CW bumper chrome shop of $800-1000 + bumper (each).

They may be that level, but you'll have better luck if you put more info along those lines on here. If they're just very nice DD level, then look at some other past bumper ads from bdstone on here for what those go for, and he sold an NOS 73-74 F one with the extra mounting holes & extra back braces for the F "tits" for $1000 about 6-9 months ago (for comparison).

Another trick I've seen is to photograph them opposite something with a grid printed on it, so that the reflection will show up any irregularities (or not).

You're also competing with the excellent new repro SS bumpers which will never rust nor need rechroming for $1575 a pair F & R from Harrington.

shades.gif
mepstein
Harrington bumpers are $1,832 and are stainless so not really a concours replacement- right?.
paws4862
QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 25 2011, 06:27 PM) *

QUOTE(paws4862 @ May 25 2011, 03:31 PM) *

Thanks Fred

IMHO at that price they'd have to be a CW's wet dream 10/10 with absolutely no blemishes, done by a super reputable & well known chrome shop in the classic car concours resto biz, and heavily triple chromed. That can only be judged in person & by knowing the chrome shop & their other work, and what they charged you for the job (as that will reflect how much time & effort they put into them). I've gotten local SoCal quotes from a top CW bumper chrome shop of $800-1000 + bumper (each).

They may be that level, but you'll have better luck if you put more info along those lines on here. If they're just very nice DD level, then look at some other past bumper ads from bdstone on here for what those go for, and he sold an NOS 73-74 F one with the extra mounting holes & extra back braces for the F "tits" for $1000 about 6-9 months ago (for comparison).

Another trick I've seen is to photograph them opposite something with a grid printed on it, so that the reflection will show up any irregularities (or not).

You're also competing with the excellent new repro SS bumpers which will never rust nor need rechroming for $1575 a pair F & R from Harrington.

shades.gif

these are original bumpers off a 1972 Porsche 914 with only two spots on them when I had them rechromed and they took their time and they did a top of the line job much better than my pictures at the cost of 400.00 each .If they don’t sell no problem I will put them on one of my 914’s Thanks for your impute Fred
Tom_T
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 25 2011, 04:51 PM) *

Harrington bumpers are $1,832 and are stainless so not really a concours replacement- right?.

Mark -

That must be a recent price bump or the other was a sale since Siverson did his post here on them, which you could possibly request that $1575 price again now.

I'm not sure SS bumpers wouldn't pass CW if they look the same & fit properly, in the same way as SS HE's are accepted, & RD's replacement steel, etc.

BTW, such originality issues only apply in PCA's National Parade & some Zone CdE's where 2 cars are so close as to need a tie-breaker.

PCA Regional CdE's do not judge originality at all AFAIK, & I know that for a fact for both Peachtree State/Zone 3 & OCR/Zone 8 for sure.
Tom_T
QUOTE(paws4862 @ May 25 2011, 05:01 PM) *

these are original bumpers off a 1972 Porsche 914 with only two spots on them when I had them rechromed and they took their time and they did a top of the line job much better than my pictures at the cost of 400.00 each .If they don’t sell no problem I will put them on one of my 914’s Thanks for your impute Fred

Maybe one of the local CdE or P-car Swaps, etc. would get them sold for you locally too?
Good Luck! smile.gif
hencar
Fred,

Simply fantastic workmanship. Great job and more than a fair price. Hold the line.

Henry
paws4862
QUOTE(hencar @ Jun 1 2011, 09:26 AM) *

Fred,

Simply fantastic workmanship. Great job and more than a fair price. Hold the line.

Henry

Thanks they won't be for sale much longer I will use them on my 76 in place of the rubber ones I have before I will give them away, Thanks for looking
trfrick
Is the front bumper still available?
paws4862
QUOTE(trfrick @ Jun 27 2011, 02:38 PM) *

yes it is PM me
paws4862
QUOTE(paws4862 @ Jun 27 2011, 08:12 PM) *

yes it is PM me

just saying last chance if anyone want's to make a real offer Thanks Fred
puffinator
QUOTE(paws4862 @ Apr 15 2014, 05:40 PM) *

QUOTE(paws4862 @ Jun 27 2011, 08:12 PM) *

yes it is PM me

just saying last chance if anyone want's to make a real offer Thanks Fred

I have recently had both front and rear bumpers rechromed for $340 each and they both had dents and other problems but came back in great shape.

BIGKAT_83

I have recently had both front and rear bumpers rechromed for $340 each and they both had dents and other problems but came back in great shape.
[/quote]

Who did you have do the bumpers for this price?

idea.gif
puffinator
[quote name='BIGKAT_83' date='Apr 16 2014, 07:11 AM' post='2025412']
[/quote]

Who did you have do the bumpers for this price?

idea.gif
[/quote]

Hanlon Plating in Richmond, VA.
http://www.hanlonplating.com/index.php

I have dealt with one of the sons, Jeff, who picks up about once per month near the Andrews AFB in MD. Both bumpers were pretty rough with some rust and lots of dents.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.