Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What would you do if you had all of these Mahle's sitting around?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
PeeGreen 914
What would YOU do?

I know what I'm going to do... well, have done piratenanner.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ May 21 2011, 03:40 PM) *

What would YOU do?

I would make sure they got to LE owners who had DAPO who thought 4 lug Fuchs looked better... mad.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 21 2011, 04:59 PM) *

QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ May 21 2011, 03:40 PM) *

What would YOU do?

I would make sure they got to LE owners who had DAPO who thought 4 lug Fuchs looked better... mad.gif

Hmm.... seems boring poke.gif
montoya 73 2.0
I'll tell you what I'm doing, four on the car and one for the spare. Then I'm using the badly curb rashed for hose reels! Yeah, I said it!! Hose reels for the front and back yards!
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ May 21 2011, 05:40 PM) *

What would YOU do?

So, what did you do?
dw914er
I would have a set for daily driving, and one for the track. They look good, and are uber light, so having different tire setups equals a win win opportunity.
KELTY360
I'd probably go looking for more. You can't have too many Mahles.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ May 21 2011, 05:42 PM) *

QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ May 21 2011, 05:40 PM) *

What would YOU do?

So, what did you do?

Not done yet. I will post pics when I get them back. The artist isn't ready yet. Once he picks them up out will be quick smile.gif
Mike Bellis
Weld them together and make cool jack stands! welder.gif piratenanner.gif
bigkensteele
QUOTE(dw914er @ May 21 2011, 04:50 PM) *

I would have a set for daily driving, and one for the track. They look good, and are uber light, so having different tire setups equals a win win opportunity.

Five lug Mahles are uber light. Four lugs, not so much in my estimation. Still a really nice looking wheel IMHO.
bandjoey
15 minute blue light special. Sell them quick.
hot_shoe914
I'd give 4 of them to some really cool shades.gif dude like shoe.....just sayin' poke.gif
avidfanjpl
Powdercoat them an accent color on your car. Or Chrome them!

I LOVE CHROME. I have fuchs and would love a set of Mahle Hard Chromed

AND I AGREE

Have a set with 50's or 60's Azenis, or something dry aggressive for AX'ing.

On any issue with teeners, I have 14 opinions on what to do. You only got 3!!!

John
Root_Werks
I would give them to you good friend Dan who would lovingly care for a set of 5 rims.
biggrin.gif
rjames
Polish 'em. Especially if they're going on a black car. happy11.gif
Cupomeat
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ May 21 2011, 10:12 PM) *

Five lug Mahles are uber light. Four lugs, not so much in my estimation. Still a really nice looking wheel IMHO.

Yeah, to me, the 4 bolt Mahles are the best looking of all the 4 bolt wheels ever put on a 914.
KELTY360
QUOTE(Cupomeat @ May 21 2011, 09:58 PM) *

QUOTE(bigkensteele @ May 21 2011, 10:12 PM) *

Yeah, to me, the 4 bolt Mahles are the best looking of all the 4 bolt wheels ever put on a 914.

agree.gif
RJMII
I"d stack them in the corner because I have a 5 leg setup on my car.
rick 918-S
Click to view attachment

Widen them with 16" barrels.
EdwardBlume
Chrome / polish the spines and outer rim. Looks awesome.
dw914er
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ May 21 2011, 07:12 PM) *

Is there another 4 lug OEM wheel that is significantly lighter than the mahles? I agree with what others have said, they're my favorite wheel for the 4 lug 914s wub.gif
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 22 2011, 06:02 AM) *

Click to view attachment

agree.gif

I almost pulled the trigger when these when up for sale. . . But I like Mahles better than the Pedrinis.
r_towle
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 22 2011, 09:02 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Can that be done to a four lug fuch wheel?

Rich
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 23 2011, 10:06 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 22 2011, 09:02 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Can that be done to a four lug fuch wheel?

Rich

Sure, if you know the right people. Mine will made into 7's but I am keeping the 15" wheel piratenanner.gif . Again, I will post pictures when they are finished.
type47
I'm surprised no one has stated this as this is what I'd do: buy another car(s) to put them on...
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ May 21 2011, 07:40 PM) *

What would YOU do?

beach bonfire you can see from low earth orbit ...
PeeGreen 914
blink.gif Now that's just NOT right chair.gif happy11.gif
bigkensteele
QUOTE(dw914er @ May 22 2011, 12:16 PM) *

QUOTE(bigkensteele @ May 21 2011, 07:12 PM) *

Is there another 4 lug OEM wheel that is significantly lighter than the mahles? I agree with what others have said, they're my favorite wheel for the 4 lug 914s wub.gif

Fuchs are forged, so I would assume that they are lighter than the cast Mahles. I have never had any Fuchs to compare. Even if I did, I would still run the Mahles for the looks.

However, since I am converting to 5 lugs in the not so distant future, I will be parting with them. Sob.
PeeGreen 914
I have never weighed them myself but was told the Fuchs are a little heavier than the Mahles. There is a Momo wheel that is lighter than the Mahle but other than than the Mahle was the lightest 4 lug. Maybe someone can correct me with real data blink.gif
championgt1
I am looking forward to seeing those. They are going to be sweet.
Dave_Darling
The Fuchs are the lightest of the stock four-lug wheels. The Mahles are next, and the Pedrinis are the heaviest of the alloy wheels. I do not remember the numbers, but I did weigh them on the same scale. The Mahles were about 1 lb heavier than the Pedrinis, while the Fuchs were at least a couple of lbs lighter than the Mahles.

--DD
dw914er
Dave, do you have the exact weight of each wheel? I was told the same thing as Jon.
PeeGreen 914
Well, I guess the actual weight doesn't matter once they are 7s happy11.gif

However, it would be interesting information to know the exact weight of the stock 4 lug wheels
rick 918-S
These are the only wheels I've weighed.

Enkei 92's 15 X 5.5

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Western Turbines 15 X 5.5

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Fuch 16 X 7

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

RFoulds
QUOTE(rjames @ May 21 2011, 09:44 PM) *

Polish 'em. Especially if they're going on a black car. happy11.gif

I've never seen them polished before. That looks great!
RFoulds
And what about Rivieras? Do they have any value? Anyone know the approximate weight? I assume they are cast and not forged??

And so this isn't a complete thread hijack, I vote to both widen and polish your Mahles.

aircooledtechguy
I found this site a while ago which may be of interest. I can't vouch for the accuracy, but it may help. . .

Porsche Wheel Weights
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ May 24 2011, 01:43 PM) *

I found this site a while ago which may be of interest. I can't vouch for the accuracy, but it may help. . .

Porsche Wheel Weights

Not really sad.gif I don't see anything but 5-lug wheels and there isn't anything about the gasburners.

I can weight some 5lug 6" fuchs and my current 4lug 5.5" Mahles tonight.

I will weigh them agin once everything is done aktion035.gif
underthetire
QUOTE(RFoulds @ May 24 2011, 11:00 AM) *

And what about Rivieras? Do they have any value? Anyone know the approximate weight? I assume they are cast and not forged??

And so this isn't a complete thread hijack, I vote to both widen and polish your Mahles.

Heavy, cast, and I sold a set of 6 with tires for 150. and was glad to finally see them out of the garage.

And Mahles are my fav 4 lug too.
PeeGreen 914
piratenanner.gif so how about this?
sixnotfour
mahlestation
KELTY360
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jun 11 2011, 08:54 PM) *

mahlestation

Some guys will do anything for an extra inch. shades.gif
rohar
Damned sexy dude. That's all I've got. I'll call the fabricator about the CF stuff tomorrow, it should be done by now.
pete-stevers
enhanced!! biggrin.gif
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
Root_Werks
Nice!
messix
those look like shit!

you just dump them off at my house i do some thing with them.... happy11.gif
Rand
Nice.

So what's a set of Mahles worth? I might score some tomorrow. Tell me how sweet this deal is...........
PeeGreen 914
Well, I am having to give up my first born but I think it may be worth it blink.gif .

Seriously though, I'm not sure. You'd have to ask the master beerchug.gif

I have a set of 225 45 r 15 Toyo RA1s waiting to go on. I am in a little time crunch to get everything done on the 914 before WCR but it should all be done in time confused24.gif Just have to hope other stuff doesn't keep popping up when I thought I had time to do some work dry.gif .
KELTY360
QUOTE(Rand @ Jun 11 2011, 10:00 PM) *

Nice.

So what's a set of Mahles worth? I might score some tomorrow. Tell me how sweet this deal is...........

Rand - I've paid $300 - 500 for a set of 4 depending on condition
a914622
That extra inch looks good. Glass beaded after?

Just put a fuch 4 lug on the scale 12.4 lbs. (cheap scale) 16x7= 15.2 lbs

jcl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.