Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Member
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ocs1667
I'm curios as to why I am referred to as a lurker.
This forum is not what I would call user friendly in using it for the 1st time.
I owned a 914-6 for about 10 years selling ot in 2000.
I have contacted a few of the members re. their cars and am in the market to purchase one.
I'm using this new thread to introduce myself since you have no formal method of doing so. Most forums do have a subject of this type so a new member can introduce themselves to the members.
Dennis
G e o r g e

QUOTE(ocs1667 @ May 21 2011, 10:11 PM) *

I have contacted a few of the members re. their cars and am in the market to purchase one.
I'm using this new thread to introduce myself since you have no formal method of doing so. Most forums do have a subject of this type so a new member can introduce themselves to the members.
Dennis

welcome.png

good luck on your search.

this will get moved over to the garage you will get a better welcome.
carr914
welcome.png

You are labeled a "Lurker" as you have a 0 Post Count. You do not get credit for Posts in the Classifieds
smontanaro
Welcome. If you're in the market for a "new" 914, you might want to post some parameters here. Are you looking for a /4 or another /6? Do you want one that's as done as possible or are you looking for a project? If you want a project, how much of one? Mechanical? Rust repair? Paint?

Skip
Cairo94507
Hello Dennis and welcome. Despite this site being a little difficult to post pictures on, once you figure it out, it is fine. A wealth of 914 information and 914 lovers here.

I bought my 3rd 914-6 in 2/10, which is actually the 4th 914 I have owned. I love these cars and my goal when I began searching in 2008 for another was a '71 original six. Surprisingly I found a few for sale here in the U.S., and one in Canada. It took a while but the right one finally surfaced thanks to another member on this site who found the car while out for a drive and ended up posting it on this site.

I am addicted to my car and it kills me that it is not on the road despite my driving it the day I bought it.

I am sure you will find exactly what you are looking for between here and the other 914 related sites. I don't want to rule out e-Bay, just be careful there and make sure you, or someone else on your behalf, actually sees in person anything you think about bidding on. There are so many rip-off artist on e-Bay.

I have found people on this site to be incredibly helpful in all things 914.

Post what it is you are looking for and see what happens.

Again, welcome and good luck.
Gint
QUOTE(carr914 @ May 22 2011, 04:56 AM) *
welcome.png

You are labeled a "Lurker" as you have a 0 Post Count. You do not get credit for Posts in the Classifieds
agree.gif That's exactly why. I disagree with you completely. Other forums are a royal PITA and a lot won't even allow you to post pics directly on the site. welcome.png

Moving this thread to the garage. Make some posts. Up your post count. Go to My Controls section and change your title (you can do that you know).
ConeDodger
welcome.png But mine is not for sale... sad.gif
SLITS
Hmmmm .... Since he/she just posted, shouldn't his/her post count be 1 not 0. Or is this just a binary conspiracy?

welcome.png
ConeDodger
QUOTE(SLITS @ May 22 2011, 09:11 AM) *

Hmmmm .... Since he/she just posted, shouldn't his/her post count be 1 not 0. Or is this just a binary conspiracy?

welcome.png

Ron, He/she posted this in the classified section and Gint relocated it here so post count is still zero...
MikeSpraggi
Welcome Dennis. welcome.png. This is a great forum to be part of. A lot of camaraderie and humor. I would say this site with its' collective knowledge is THE authority on 914s. Now that you've spoken up, you're not a lurker, you're (or will be) a newbie to this site. We all hope you share your experiences with us as we will with you ... and then some. You will find that there are many get-togethers with members from the small project based to the larger cookouts, fun run drives and swap meets all around the country. Anyways, a true welcome to you and keep the teener fire alive.
Gustl
welcome.png ... from far, far away biggrin.gif
type47fan
Welcome welcome.png Dennis,

I've been a member on various 914 sites and here since '03. I'm also a 914 addict. I can honestly say that this group is the most supportive, accepting, and has the most technical knowledge of any that I've seen. Your experiences here should be varied and rich. Enjoy the journey!
PanelBilly
Now that you've opened pandora's box of teener knowledge and bullshit, you may never be the same again.

Welcome to the world
Elliot Cannon

Dennis

welcome.png You won't find a "formal method" of introduction here but what you will find is a group of very friendly car people who love the 914 and are very willing and helpful to anyone who shows an interest in the 914. By the way if you're looking for a car to buy...
Tom_T

Dennis

welcome.png

RFoulds on here is near you in P.D./P.S. area - use the member search function & send him a PM or email.

Reply to this post & you'll get your "magic 1st post" now that it's moved to the Garage Forums, & get relabeled a "Newbie" or something, but as Gint said, you can go to your "My Controls" page & personalize it to a tag name you like, add an avatar pic, etc.

The Garage is where most post an intro. when they get on here. Maybe you can scan or take a pic of some of your old school pix of your prior 914-6 for eye candy for all of us 914-whackos to drooley.gif at, as you continue your search for a new one!?

Here's how to post pix on here -
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=13637

popcorn[1].gif
messix
this club has some strict rules. shades.gif

1. ass holes are not welcome stromberg.gif

2. shit for brains are barely tolerated. slap.gif

3. dip shits are ridiculed publicly. stirthepot.gif

4. post whores are are pains in the ass and are made fun of and called so at every opportunity. poke.gif

5. ass hats [the majority on this forum] are encouraged to publicaly anounce them selfs so we know who you are. bootyshake.gif

6. thin skinned people with no sense of humor are encouraged to stick to the cw threads. screwy.gif

welcome.png
KELTY360
QUOTE(messix @ May 22 2011, 12:23 PM) *

Don't let Troy fool you. Afterall, we tolerate him (see #2 above). poke.gif

welcome.png
carr914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ May 22 2011, 03:03 PM) *

Dennis

welcome.png You won't find a "formal method" of introduction here but what you will find is a group of very friendly car people who love the 914 and are very willing and helpful to anyone who shows an interest in the 914. By the way if you're looking for a car to buy...

Why is the Zonker still For Sale, Does it have some disease, besides SPEED?
rick 918-S
welcome.png assimilate.gif
Mikey914
Welcome, you'll find that we have a pretty good community here and there are many 914 addicts.

Check out some of the 914 events, you may even like us in person.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(carr914 @ May 22 2011, 01:44 PM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ May 22 2011, 03:03 PM) *

Dennis

Why is the Zonker still For Sale, Does it have some disease, besides SPEED?

Lots of looky loos.
Twise
Welcome to the world. The introduction thing is a test. You passed. Now let's get you a car you can promptly tear apart and store in your garage. Guys, we got a new one...

Good luck.

Oh shit, I am a member, when did that happen? I even got a gold boxy thing. It's funny, but, until this post, I had no idea that it said anything under my name over there. You learn something new everyday. Thanks new guy...
914 shifter
welcome.png beerchug.gif chowtime.gif cheer.gif driving.gif welder.gif slap.gif
saigon71
Welcome to "the world."

You have found a great resource for all that is the Porsche 914! biggrin.gif

Good luck on your car hunt!
Razorbobsr
QUOTE(messix @ May 22 2011, 03:23 PM) *

this club has some strict rules. shades.gif

1. ass holes are not welcome stromberg.gif

3. dip shits are ridiculed publicly. stirthepot.gif

4. post whores are are pains in the ass and are made fun of and called so at every opportunity. poke.gif

5. ass hats [the majority on this forum] are encouraged to publicaly anounce them selfs so we know who you are. bootyshake.gif

6. thin skinned people with no sense of humor are encouraged to stick to the cw threads. screwy.gif

welcome.png
Post whores??? Explain that one to me please? Bob
carr914
That would be me, but I didn't know I was a Pain in the Ass
michaelt55
well..welcome Dennis...its a twisted crew we have here so bear with us.... welcome.png welcome.png

Michael
Ian Stott
We also know a great deal about curling, you can use this site to post any curling questions you may have as us Canadians will answer them while we sit in the garage and long for the two or three weeks of summer driving we will have! Welcome to the club, buy a nice car and drive it!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
smontanaro
And cricket. We know a lot about cricket.
ocs1667

Dennis

I wanted to thank everyone for their welcome.

I tried to post a pic of my 65 Corvette and My 914-6 but could not. I tried to import from photobucket or copy and post, no luck. How do you post pics.
Dennis
Mr.242
WELCOME to the best and worst of the Porsche World!

beerchug.gif

(I'm sorry for Troy too!)
hasaramat
bye1.gif HOWDY!!
Gint
QUOTE(ocs1667 @ May 23 2011, 07:17 PM) *
I wanted to thank everyone for their welcome.

I tried to post a pic of my 65 Corvette and My 914-6 but could not. I tried to import from photobucket or copy and post, no luck. How do you post pics.
Dennis
Check out this thread Dennis. Adding Pictures to Your Post
abnrdo
welcome.png

I miss my 914. Comming home in July. Welcome to a great site with great folks who have a lot of knowledge!!!

-Jim
Derek Seymour
Out of all the Porsche sites I have visited this one is really the best IMHO. Everyone here is really cool and many have some of the most awesome fabrication and design skills I have seen the wide world of car enthusiasts. All questions are welcome and the knowledge many here having is astounding. Welcome and have fun biggrin.gif
markb
welcome.png
campbellcj
Welcome!
mojorisen914
Ass Hat? I resemble that remark. beerchug.gif

welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.