Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Italian Inspired 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bcheney
We have all seen many custom 914's...I've never seen this variation. It actually looks very will done. It's currently listed on ebay. Here are a few photos...you should check this out and chime in with your opinions...what the hell...its what we do on this board isnt it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FERR-RI-DIN...=item2c5cd0cb04
EdwardBlume
Is pretty cool, but might be tough to sell for $9-10K off picts of being towed to a service shop... oh and CA smog. confused24.gif
SLITS
My Chalon looks as good (from 30') and has a flat six in it. I only want about $5K ... rolleyes.gif
bcheney
Believe it our not there was a guy in Cocoa Beach FL area who was trying to sell his original red 914/6 that had been converted to a chalon body about 2 years ago. It looked like the work was well done on that car as well...never heard if it sold.
Katmanken
The Cocoa Beach car probably didn't sell after an up close look.

Ah, Cocoa Beach,
The place where you can see the salt crystals swirling around the streetlights at night.

Never forget spotting a new 911 sitting outside an apartment in the 70's. Looked for that car every time I drove past. After 3 years witout any undercoating, that sucker was rusty.

Then one day, I 'm at a friends body shop and this guy comes in with a shiny 911. It seems it was the rusty 911 that he bought for next to nothing, and my friend's body shop cut and patched the car. Owner had pulled the rubber strip out of the side window and found more rust and wanted that patched too.

Per the red car, that might be one of those Diablo's.

Ken
ConeDodger
That car had originally come from one of our local PCA members. I got excited when I heard that a local 914-6 was for sale, then I found I would have to convert it back to original from the Chalon...

Without a doubt, it was a beautifully done conversion. Just not the right thing to do to an original 6...
mepstein
There's a thread on that kit somewhere on this site. If I remember corectly, there were a couple versions. Last one was set up for a custom windshield. Eagle - maybe?

How many 914's were killed by Chalon kits? Too many I'm sure. barf.gif

MikeSpraggi
Ebay car ....... Poorari.
rohar
Not sure it's worth $10k, but with all those vents, it seems it's begging for a radiator and a pair of intercoolers happy11.gif
Krieger
From the front it looks like some sort of fish.
championgt1
barf.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.