Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: To WCC or not to WCC
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ppickerell
So I found a 04 Boxster S in Carrera white/seal grey leather and grey top with Tip for $54K in LA. Bose, sound screen, wheel upgrades etc. Next choice was Guards Red/Savannah Beige in New York that would cost $1500 to ship and would sell for $55K. I am thinking about WCC Monterey run Friday in the teener (please don't break down!) with the wife, and then Flying to LA Sat morning to close on the Boxster. Hotel in Cambria Saturday night, and liesurely drive up HWY 1 Sunday. Will miss the AX, but am thinking of loaning the 914 to my son for the AX. Will you guys look out for him on the track Saturday? Am I crazy to miss the event as a whole?
Martin Baker
I...am sure that I would miss any event if had anything to do with me getting a Boxster S. Period.
Andyrew
Am I crazy to miss the event as a whole?

The whole WCC yes..
Its a once in a 914 lifetime to get to know other teeners, and a great many at that!

Just missing the autox shouldnt be that big of a deal, just missing out on some heart pounding fun. As long as your son goes!

Im sure we can watch over him, he'll be active enough talking, looking at cars, and listening in to conversations.

Just throw him the keys, and dont worry about a thing, he can take care of himself! (its not like the 914 has 400hp.. Not alot of street racing he can do... lol)

Andrew
PatW
The Boxter S will still be there after the WCC. Just put a deposit on it and pick it up later.

Pat
ppickerell
Anyone have a Hotel recommendation in Cambria aktion035.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(PatW @ Jun 2 2004, 09:26 PM)
The Boxter S will still be there after the WCC. Just put a deposit on it and pick it up later.

i have to agree with pat ...

just put down a deposit and pick it up next week.
it'll still be there,
smile.gif Andy
bondo
My wife works in Cambria, what sort of hotel are you looking for? There's some pretty nice (and expensive) ones up there.

--Royce
fiid
We stayed at the Madonna Inn in SLO - that place is a riot - themed rooms - I would book ASAP to make sure you can get one of the better themed rooms - ours was a bit lame.

Fiid.
grantsfo
$54 K S tip seems about high average price, but maybe market is changing? Did you try Pacific Porsche in Torrance? I bought fully optioned, wheel upgrades, heated seats, etc 2.7 for $41.5K a couple years ago from them. It was Febuary and raining though.

Cambria Hotels Fog Catcher is a nice place - almost anything on Moonstone drive will be nice.

Hoppes Bistro south of Cambria is a great place for nice meal. http://www.hoppesbistro.com/main.htm
EdwardBlume
LA is 6 hours away, 5 hours by Boxster S. Save more of your spent money and drive it home.
seanery
Pacific Porsche in Torrance used to be Vasek Polak in Hermosa Beach. They moved in 2001 or so. It was sad to see it go. I drove by everyday on the way to work. Occasionally they'd have a race car in the front window. The white car I bought from Boxstr was sold new from Vasek Polak.

I agree with PatW, put a deposit on it and go get it Monday, you and the wife could use a couple days off cruising together after a nice long weekend with the teeners.
peridotian
I searched the ENTIRE dealer database for a color combo that Debra would like. Anyone else buy an "S" lately that has pricing feedback? MSRP is $59K and they dropped trou to $54K on the first phone call. I think the carrera white has not gotten many lookyloos. I booked Cambria Pines for Saturday night. So I will miss the AX but my car with bitchin new magnetic number circles will be there. I will miss the swap meet, but should see all you WCC-ers on the fun run tomorrow.
drew365
I second the Fog Catcher, but Cambria Pines is nice also. There's not too many bad places in Cambria. Certainly a nice place to get to know the new Boxster.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.