Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCC video coverage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
Trekkor
For all of us who can't attend and those who want a souvie, will somebody PLEASE put something together and make them available.

Imagine: in-car footage on tour and a/x. Road side drive by's of car after car. Motors revving. Tires squealing. People screaming. Alien sightings. Brad, dancin' around. It would be golden. cool_shades.gif

A cd photo album might be a start.

I beg you...
ablose58
me too, me too smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif cool.gif
EdwardBlume
I've got a camcorder but someone else has to supply the feed.
Bleyseng
I'll be takin lots of pics and a few movies (45sec mpegs) and will post em as the Wirefi allows.
mueba.gif
mike_the_man
agree.gif with Trekkor. I would love to see as much footage as possible!!! Too bad this wasn't suggested earlier, there could have been a couple of dedicated camera guys, or something like that. Oh well, as long as everybody posts all the video and pictures they take, I'll be happy.
Levi
QUOTE(trekkor @ Jun 2 2004, 09:59 PM)
For all of us who can't attend and those who want a souvie, will somebody PLEASE put something together and make them available.

Imagine: in-car footage on tour and a/x. Road side drive by's of car after car. Motors revving. Tires squealing. People screaming. Alien sightings. Brad, dancin' around.

Drunks falling over, naked girls, drunks falling over Naked Girls...ooops I'm being redundant....Oh did I mention Naked girls.... lol2.gif lol2.gif
Trekkor
Pics are great. I looked at 'em all. Thanks for the shots. clap56.gif

What a blast you all must have had.

Who's got the videos? cool_shades.gif
rick 918-S
Were still traveling and won't return home until after next weekend. My kids are busy as we speak editing and threading several tapes together. They will post a download on their web site when we get home. Be patient....
dan10101
Too long, fuzzy, and just plain poor quality. But it's the best I could come up with. Please, someone tell me how to make a decent video and I'll rebuild them.

The first one is of the first 2 days. Then I'll have a viper only video. (those that were there KNOW what I'm talking about). Then Just Dave and whatever else I can edit out.

Pictures from WCC - Now with VIDEOS!

Rich, let your guys know they can have the originals if they want them.

DanD
dan10101
Ok,
At Andrews suggestion, I modified Daves video to include his actual car RUNNING vs just talking about it. We've heard that for too many years biggrin.gif
richardL
Great video - thanks clap56.gif

Richard
Brad Roberts
I have lots of video. I need somebody local to help edit it down for me.

B
dan10101
Rich's Son(s) is doing a video project as part of the deal for getting out of school early. I was going to send mine to them for further inclusion into their class project. But, knowing how much video I have and how much more they must have, they might not want it. We'll see when they 'land'.
ThinAir
I've never run or been to an AX so it's really fun to watch the video. From the sounds of things, I'm guessing that an AX is pretty much a 2nd gear & 4,000+ rpm kind of thing in terms of what the engine has to do. Is that about right?
dan10101
Close, this course was tight, so 2nd is about right. Other times the teeners will row between 2nd and 3rd (and rarely down into 1st). Speeds at AX are from about 20mph to 65mph or so. MDB2.gif

(Why am I answering, it's been 20+ years since I AXed a 914). Can't wait to get Andrews going!
Bruce Allert
Thanks Dan, I didn't stop smilin the whole time the videos were runnin.

smilie_pokal.gif GOOD JOB BUDDY smilie_pokal.gif

So many 914's with all the happy faces.

Was that really Dave D? Or was it a look alike imposter???? laugh.gif

.........b
Dave_Darling
Obviously an impostor! Everyone knows DD's 914 doesn't run...

--DD
ThinAir
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jun 8 2004, 12:38 AM)
Obviously an impostor! Everyone knows DD's 914 doesn't run...

--DD

So... are you ever gonna tell us what was wrong with your car all this time? I think I read elsewhere that it was a collection of little things that added up to a big problem. It might be very educational to hear what symptoms displayed themselves and to see how they were finally solved.

I was really thrilled to see it in the video. It looked like you were running pretty good!
i love porsche
wow..great videos..thank you so much...tomorrow..im working on my porsche!!!
dan10101
Thanks guys. I know the quality could be better. The poor camera gets kinda beat in the track car.

Let's see more videos!
Trekkor
I'd love to see a VHS or DVD version made available to the club.

Who can do this?
I am on dial up and will be at WCC 2007 before I see the current vids lol2.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(dan10101 @ Jun 7 2004, 06:28 PM)
Too long, fuzzy, and just plain poor quality. But it's the best I could come up with. Please, someone tell me how to make a decent video and I'll rebuild them.

The first one is of the first 2 days. Then I'll have a viper only video. (those that were there KNOW what I'm talking about). Then Just Dave and whatever else I can edit out.

Pictures from WCC - Now with VIDEOS!

Rich, let your guys know they can have the originals if they want them.

DanD

I spoke with the kids, They said yes they would like to look at your footage and see if there is anything they can snipe. Yet work with those mini cassette things. ( ya, I'm hip to the groove...) If you have that type of tape send it to:

Rick Ollah
2328 Woodland Ave.
Duluth MN. 55803
dan10101
I don't have the small DV tape. Only the Sony 8mm dv.

I can send you a cd with the higher quality version (not original quality though) of the video on this site. Have the guys look at it and see if it's something they would want. It's about 540mb in it's higher quality 640x480.

http://www.teamgracer.com/cars/914club/wcc2004.htm

Too bad I don't have a DVD burner... It's about 5gb in orignal format.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(dan10101 @ Jun 13 2004, 10:09 PM)
I don't have the small DV tape.  Only the Sony 8mm dv.

I can send you a cd with the higher quality version (not original quality though) of the video on this site.  Have the guys look at it and see if it's something they would want.  It's about 540mb in it's higher quality 640x480.

http://www.teamgracer.com/cars/914club/wcc2004.htm

Too bad I don't have a DVD burner... It's about 5gb in orignal format.

Send what you have. They have access to other equiptment. I will see they return the original to you.
Howard
Here's some of mine from AX. Hard to balance between size and quality (I tell that to all the girls) but posting this to see how it works.Home Movies
dan10101
Send what you have. They have access to other equiptment. I will see they return the original to you

Andrew mailed off the tape of the weekend. Feel free to use anything from the weekend. I have no idea what's on the end of the tape. Probably nothing to exciting. Just my butt and me troubleshooting my engine noise to start... blink.gif

Oh, I don't normally tape peoples butts while listening to speakers talk.

Dan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.