Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wanted: Used clutch disks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Dr Evil
I am going to start making transmission tools and would like to acquire some clutch disks to be sacrificed.

Let me know if you have any smile.gif
Spoke
I have one for you.
Dr Evil
What are you still doing up? smile.gif I should be in bed...16hr shift tomorrow dry.gif

I will take all of them I can get. I'll PM you, Spoke.
hot_shoe914
I think I might have a couple. Will send them to you if I can find them.
bdstone914
How many do you need and what are they worth to you? I have a bunch.
Dr Evil
Well, Bruce, I am gonna see how many I can get for the cost of shipping. If I can get a bunch, then paying for worn out clutch disks seems kind of goofy wink.gif
underthetire
Damn, just tossed a bunch of bus ones. I'm assuming you just need the splines?
Dr Evil
Yup, splines.

I tossed a bunch last year in a frenzy to get ready to move dry.gif Hind sight is a bitch. rolleyes.gif
underthetire
Yup, just moved myself. Just finished last week.
Jaymann
Mike:I will send you my old clutch disc,but it is smoked to hell.Not sure if that helps?Its a real jaymann special,its yours if you want it.Jason
914werke
You mean like this:
(notice the anti-slip grip lol-2.gif )
ntmatter
Mike, I was thinking about these earlier- would it make sense to build a "combo wrench", with a 1st gear slider at one side and a clutch hub at the other? Better yet, making up a bunch of these would be a good side task at your next clinic if someone were to bring a welder and some bar stock.

QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ May 23 2011, 10:22 AM) *

You mean like this:

Dr Evil
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ May 23 2011, 01:22 PM) *

You mean like this:

Low blow, Rich. So true, though smile.gif

Andy, that is kind of what I am doing. I want to make up complete tool packages so people do not have to source anything or make anything. I can make them for cheap with old parts and then sell them for cheap. I probably should have held onto those junk sliders from the clinic, but I can always get more and I have quite a few.

Jaymann, I will take it. I gut them for the splines.
jaxdream
Dr Evil , you can also source some VW T1 clutch discs as another source of spline hubs , I just checked , I have an old VW T1 disc and it fit perfectly onto a 914 input shaft . These should be plentiful and cheap , run an ad on the Samba for some . Good Luck .......

Jack
davep
411 disc's are no use though, the spline is smaller; strange for a type IV.
With only a little work the splined center can be removed to make shipping easier.
Dr Evil
I dont want the folks to have to do anything but stick them in a box and ship them. Once I start asking them to do work I will be expected to pay more. wink.gif

budk
I should have one for you...

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 24 2011, 12:45 PM) *

I dont want the folks to have to do anything but stick them in a box and ship them. Once I start asking them to do work I will be expected to pay more. wink.gif

Dr Evil
smile.gif
Spoke
I'm mailing mine today. No charge for your help with my trans.
Dr Evil
Thanks man, it was my pleasure smile.gif
Dr Evil
To those of you who have sent me your disks, I humbly thank you smile.gif Very selfless on your parts smile.gif If you need one of these tools, I will gladly discount the price (since you supplied the parts).

I am always looking for more!
Dr Evil
icon_bump.gif

I may consider buying some if there is a bunch of em.....Oh Bruce idea.gif
914LIVE
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 28 2011, 07:33 PM) *

icon_bump.gif

I may consider buying some if there is a bunch of em.....Oh Bruce idea.gif

----------------------------------------------------------

I will collect a number of them and
report back to you. I may have close
to five or ten.

Thank you, TOMAS.

----------------------------------------------------------
Dr Evil
Now we are talking smile.gif

I am willing to trade a tool for a load of disks smile.gif
Jaymann
Mike:Sorry,I just realized I have been driving around with the clutch disk,I said I would send you,in my trunk.I will get it out in the mail,this week.I am interested in, buying some of these tras tools too.I bought your rebuild dvd from you at hershey,and planning on using it soon.Jason from PA
Dr Evil
No worries, I can give you a discounted price for using your disk.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.